Wright State Softball Camp 2006

Wright State University and Head Coach Mike Larabee are hosting four summer camps.

Two will be all skills camps. These two will cover offense, defense, pitching, catching and baserunning. The dates are June 13 for grades 4-8 (9:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm-4:00pm) and June 14 for grades 9-12 (9:00am-12:00pm, 1:00p-4:00pm). These camps will be one full day working on every aspect of softball.

The other two camps will be hitting camps. The first will work on line drive consistency and maximizing power. This camp is ideal for hitters at all levels looking for improvement and will be held on June 20 from 9:00am-12:00pm (all grades).

The second hitting camp will focus on short game. This camp is for grades 9-12. This camp will focus on proper mechanics for the sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit and slap. This camp will be held on June 21 9:00am-12:00pm.

These camps are a great way to get instruction from coaches with tons of international experience. In July, Mike Larabee, will be coaching in Taiwan at the World University Games. While assistant coach, Jim Peterson, will be traveling with the Canadian National team to Bejing.

There is more detailed information at: www.wsuraiders.com/softball/

Has anyone been to one of Wright State's Camps?

Are they worthwhile? If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Been to a couple and will be taking my DD and a couple of her teammates back for the June 14th camp. Coach Larabee and his staff are very good teachers, and the girls seem to get quite a bit from them. I'd like to get the DD back up for the hitting, but it looks like there will be a couple of conflicts in her schedule.

As a coach I like to sit back and observe, and make a few notes as to what I can incorporate into my practices. Aways have a couple of pages.