Wright State Winter Softball Camps

On December 18th Wright State University will be conducting a hitting camp and a short game camp. The hitting is designed to help players maximize their power and line drive consistency. Hitters will learn the proper mechanics and contact points of the swing. Hitters will be evaluated on video and receive a written evaluation of their swing mechanics. Session 1 is from 9:00 AM to Noon and is for grades 4-8. Session 2 is from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM and is for grades 9-12.
The camp is limited to 40 hitters per session and will be on a first come first serve basis.

The short game camp is designed to teach the fundamentals of sacrifice bunting, bunt for hit, and slap hitting all off the same exact footwork for both the right and left handed hitter.
Session 3 is from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM and is open to grades 4-12. This camp is limited to 25 players. It will fill up fast!

The hitting and short game instructors will be head softball coach Mike Larabee and assistant coach Jim Peterson. Larabee has been selected to the 2005-2008 USA Olympic Coaching Pool and Peterson is an assistant coach with Team Canada.

Information on the camp can be found on the Wright State Website: http://wsuraiders.com/softball/
Look under Winter Camp PDF. If you have any questions please call 937 775-2108

Anyone hear anything on Wright State's camps? Just wondering...

My daughter did a WSU pitching camp last summer, very good experience with good one on one attention, she is returning for the January camp.

I don't think you can go wrong at either the hitting or pitching camps. Just look at the credentials of the instructors. And while Coach Larabee mentions he is on the Olympic staff, he makes no mention of his own ISC playing experiences. This coach knows what he is talking about, having himself played at the highest levels.

Folks..

while I don't get to read this board or JJ Huddle much anymore, I feel fortunate to have logged in and seen this so I could give my 2 cents.

I am not sure there are any other colleges in the USA that have 2 National team staff members. Larabee is on the US staff, Peterson is on the Canadian staff.

Personally, I have played with Mike Larabee on many occassions. The last time was with the US National team in South Africa where we took 3rd. I also played with Mike on the world famous Seattle based club team during the 1993 season. If my name, resume and word means anything to those who are reading this, I can tell you that you cannot find a more knowledgable person of the game of softball. He not only knows the game but has the hardware from his own playing career to show for his own accomplishments during his career.

Also, for what it's worth.. I am privledged to be working with Wright state and the coaching staff at their softball camp on Janurary 8th. I'll be conducting the pitching portion.

As I said in the past, one of the criticisms of male coaches in fastpitch is that they do not have first hand experience in playing the game since men's fastpitch isn't what it used to be. It's really amazing that Wright State was able to get 2 that played at the world class level. We could ALL learn from them and their experiences. I hope that many of the readers here will take full advantage of these clinics.

I hope the camps go well!

Bill Hillhouse
www.houseofpitching.com

I heard the short game camp was full but there are still some openings in the others.

For those of you that attended this clinic, how would you rate it. What was good, and what do you think could be improved on? What was your opinion of the coaching staff? Was this clinic worth your time and money? Would you return?