Wright State Winter Softball Camps

Wright State is pleased to announce their winter softball camps. The camps will be as follows:
Sat. Dec 6, 8:30am - Noon - Hitting
Sat. Jan. 31, 8:30am - Noon - Hitting
Sat. Jan. 31, 1pm - 3pm - Short game for lefties
Sun. Feb. 1, 8:30am - Noon - Hitting
Sun. Feb. 1, 9am-11am - Pitching
Sun. Feb. 1, 1pm -3pm - Pitching
Sat. Feb. 21, 8:30am - Noon - Hitting

Registration information can be found at the following link:
http://wsuraiders.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/wrst-w-softbl-body.html

Click on the link for "Winter Camps".

Any questions, please call the softball office at 937-775-2865

No defense camp this year? I thought that was pretty good last year.

The coaches for Wright State were at the Sunday session of the SWOBAT Olympic camp and really worked well with the girls. These should all be very good camps.

Coach Larabee and staff do an excellent job doing these camps and I would highly recommend attending their camps as you walk away with more knowledge...and they do not swing down or level on the ball or hit off of 2 x 4's.

Those of you who attended the clinic received a first hand treat by working with Coach Larabee and his staff that Sunday.

I believe the hitting sessions were $75 and pitching was $50. Their flyer has it somewhere in it.

Coach and his staff do a great job with the kids, anyone looking to further their kids talent level wont go wrong with this clinic

Coach B stated yes on the coaches clinic. Just don't have a date yet.

My Daughter is looking forward to these hitting camps.It sounds like they teach alot like Howard Carrier.She is also looking forward to meeting the Wright State Staff......

Coach Larabee and his staff were at the clinic and they teach some of the same techniques we use and believe in which is why they were invited to help us....they do not swing down on the ball or level to the ball or use 2x4's.

I think they ended last season with a team batting average of .315 and for fall ball this year ended at .330.

They put out a good product at their camps and for my money no one else around here does it any better than Wright State University and you see what he teaches they use as a team also so he gets buy in from his team as to philosophy as to what he preaches he teaches and their performance tells you it is working.

Coach B stated yes on the coaches clinic. Just don't have a date yet.

We may have conflicting answers then. Here is what I got from Coach Carpenter...

We are not doing a coach's clinic this year. We have found that we have a better turn-out when we do it every other year as opposed to every year.

Bummer. Glad I went to the coach's clinic last year. I'd definitely go again. If enough of us show interest, however, they might reconsider.

Thanks Chris. Coach B was asked this ? at the Camp last month, so they must have changed. Bummer here to. I had a group that wanted to go,after I told them about last year's clinic..

The times listed on the form, and the times listed on this post are different for the pitching sessions times. Could please let me know which one is correct.

Thanks,

Thanks Chris. Coach B was asked this ? at the Camp last month, so they must have changed. Bummer here to. I had a group that wanted to go,after I told them about last year's clinic..

I will be doing a four hour clinic for Coach Sue Bowman at Indiana Wesleyan University on November 21 that will just cover hitting.

To my knowledge it is only being advertised locally in the Marion Indiana area.

I did one last year at the Indiana Girls High School Coaches Clinic in Indianapolis and some of the high school coaches asked Coach Bowman to host this one.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get the information from Coach Bowman and post it.

Absolutely! If you could have that information posted I would greatly appreciate it. I hope to see you there.

My fault. The updated and CORRECT brochure is now online. The times on the initial post are the correct ones.
Pitching Session I is Feb. 1, 1pm -3pm
Pitching Session II is Feb. 1, 4pm - 6pm

Sorry for the confusion.