Year End Party@The Creek was a joke!!

clv6963

Reaction score
I would like to express my disgust with the way the tournament was handled this weekend - from the way the teams were seeded to the complete lack of consideration for the girls who worked hard and played their hearts out to lose to a coin toss.

There was an uneven number of teams in 12u which caused one team to play 4 pool games. This is not a uncommon occurrence but in every tournament I've ever been to, that 4th pool game would not have counted. Instead it counted and the 12U Cannons were robbed of a #1 seed when they were 3-0 and had less runs allowed than the team that was given the #1 spot. Then today when it started to rain there was ZERO attempt to wait out the rain and dry out the fields. That is pure laziness. Each team that paid their $410 to enter that tournament deserved the consideration of a rain delay and some field dry. Instead the decision was made to decide the winner by a COIN TOSS! I'm having a hard time putting together words at my complete shock and disappointment at the way this was handled. By the time our team was given their "awards" (we were sharing 3rd place) the sun was out and we've could've continued game play. I'm sorry if the field maintenance team had better things to do but our girls were undefeated and DESERVED a chance to EARN their award. At the very least, 1st and 2nd place should've been given to the top teams, not to a 4th seed team over the flip of a quarter.

And to add insult to injury the team that "won" showed zero class. They jumped up and down, took a bunch of pictures and were quite obnoxious... knowing they didn't deserve 1st place. One thing that makes me proud to be a Cannons parent - our girls would have NEVER acted like that. They showed class and grace. They clapped for the other team, accepted their awards and walked away with their heads high. I am very proud of the job they did the weekend and the maturity they showed when what they EARNED was taken from them not once, but twice.

softballdad937

Reaction score
My guess, and purely guessing here, is that the adult co-ed league needed the fields at 6:30.

Sorry you felt short changed, is this the same Cannons that danced with Outcast in West Liberty?

clv6963

Reaction score
The championship game was scheduled at 5pm so if that's the case, that's poor planning all around.

We didn't play a west liberty tourney this year but I want to say we played Outcast at some point.... not 100% sure. We have 2 12u teams, ours is all 2nd year 12u. The other team is younger.

softballdad937

Reaction score
The championship game was scheduled at 5pm so if that's the case, that's poor planning all around.

We didn't play a west liberty tourney this year but I want to say we played Outcast at some point.... not 100% sure. We have 2 12u teams, ours is all 2nd year 12u. The other team is younger.

Gotcha. I know we danced with one team and played another. I missed the game we played you guys because of my youngest playing (I coached) rec ball. I forget which tourney.

DynastyFastpitch

Reaction score
I would like to express my disgust with the way the tournament was handled this weekend - from the way the teams were seeded to the complete lack of consideration for the girls who worked hard and played their hearts out to lose to a coin toss.

There was an uneven number of teams in 12u which caused one team to play 4 pool games. This is not a uncommon occurrence but in every tournament I've ever been to, that 4th pool game would not have counted. Instead it counted and the 12U Cannons were robbed of a #1 seed when they were 3-0 and had less runs allowed than the team that was given the #1 spot. Then today when it started to rain there was ZERO attempt to wait out the rain and dry out the fields. That is pure laziness. Each team that paid their $410 to enter that tournament deserved the consideration of a rain delay and some field dry. Instead the decision was made to decide the winner by a COIN TOSS! I'm having a hard time putting together words at my complete shock and disappointment at the way this was handled. By the time our team was given their "awards" (we were sharing 3rd place) the sun was out and we've could've continued game play. I'm sorry if the field maintenance team had better things to do but our girls were undefeated and DESERVED a chance to EARN their award. At the very least, 1st and 2nd place should've been given to the top teams, not to a 4th seed team over the flip of a quarter.

And to add insult to injury the team that "won" showed zero class. They jumped up and down, took a bunch of pictures and were quite obnoxious... knowing they didn't deserve 1st place. One thing that makes me proud to be a Cannons parent - our girls would have NEVER acted like that. They showed class and grace. They clapped for the other team, accepted their awards and walked away with their heads high. I am very proud of the job they did the weekend and the maturity they showed when what they EARNED was taken from them not once, but twice.

I watched you guys play against the freedom elite. You have a very classy team filled with talent. The coaches were also very kind.

clv6963

Reaction score
I watched you guys play against the freedom elite. You have a very classy team filled with talent. The coaches were also very kind.

Thank you so much. They are a fantastic group of girls on and off the field. :)