York PA??

Ok, know this may have been a topic before, but was woundering who has been there and is there anything to do when not playing? Places to eat or any fun things to see? :confused:

Fields are not good( drug deals go down right next to parking lot) be very careful what hotel you stay at, but on bright side you can go to Gettysburg and the Hershey's chocolate factory

Fields are not good( drug deals go down right next to parking lot) be very careful what hotel you stay at, but on bright side you can go to Gettysburg and the Hershey's chocolate factory

SERIOUSLY????????????:eek:

I was there in 2006 and we didn't play at the main site. We were off on another location due to the number of 16u and 18u teams present. Not certain how the fields look now but the one's we were on were ok.

Not much to do within the town itself, but gotta hit Hershey, PA! Every girls dream CHOCOLATE :yahoo:

My dd went with our 18u last year and the main fields are in a very depressed area (how's that for PC). Field conditions are far below standard as is the field used for opening ceremonies. Last year the TD and 36 of the 54 teams decided to skip opening ceremonies. LoL

We stayed 30 miles east down US30 and the hotel was nice. This year we got rooms about 5 miles north on I83 and that area is okay.

We never had any problems at the games or getting to/from them. There is a Harley Factory that gives tours, Hershey Park, Baltimore (55 miles), Harrisburg, DC really isn't very far.

Economically depressed area, field right in the middle of it. Baltimore is close if that means anything positive.

Wow! After reading some of these reports, I'm glad we decided not to go. Bloomington sounds much better.

How does a place like this get such a big time tournament? This sounds like one of those trends that needs discontinued. :).

We went there 2 years ago. You have to look hard to find anything of interest close by. Harley factory, Gettysburg, DC, Baltimore inner harbor is about it. Usually you dont have enough time at nationals to get out and enjoy too much depending on your schedule.

It would be nice if the gps had a "high crime avoidence" button on it if you punch in that you want to go to the nearest gas station and find yourself in the middle of the hood like I did!

Charge up the batteries in the taser...

fields are not good( drug deals go down right next to parking lot) be very careful what hotel you stay at, but on bright side you can go to gettysburg and the hershey's chocolate factory

this is a fact. Protect your items in the cars as last year there were numerous break- ins to the cars.

:yahoo: 1 hour from my hometown of Baltimore!

As much as I love going to DC, wouldn't recommend because once you get on 95 to DC, bumper to bumper unless at 2 am.

Wow sounds like it's really gone down hill in six years. I guess we are going to have to load up on games and pool toys prior to heading out!

ARGH

Our team has never been but we were told exactly the same thing by a team that played there two years ago. They would never consider going back.
Maybe they have improved things since then but I would suggest some investigation for sure.

Berliner? yuk yuk yuk

What are the "Bad Areas" to stay away from? :confused: And how is the Harley tour??? Gettin ready to book so, any info would help. Thanks!!