You know your a softball player when....

My DD found this...

You know you're a softball player when...

* Pre-wrap is no longer for injuries but for your hair

* Your favorite part of the season was getting your new bat

* When wearing knee socks and sandals are actually considered cool

* Blisters, cuts, and scars are for show

* Someone asks you what you do outside of school and the only other activity you can think of is Softball

* If Softball was easier they would call it Baseball.

* All your white clothing has some kind of brown tint to it

* Your batting glove starts to smell like onions/corn dogs/and old people

* Your sliding pants/short have to be torn to shreds before you'd ever get new ones

* Sunflower seeds and Gatoraid become their own personal food group

* Old men say they play softball..but really you know that they just play slowpitch BASEBALL

* Long socks are your best friend

* When a "short trip" to your tournament takes 2 hours

* When you're summer softball team practices in winter

* When you wear your softball cleats everywhere you go

* When you play other teams, you already know half the girls and how they play, thanks to your own little Scouting Reports

* When your asked for directions you give them according to the nearest softball field

* When you discuss the different types of dirt on different fields

* When you read this and are thinking "Yep that's my life in a nutshell"

Add yours....

When you can fit a 33 inch bat in your purse, that has wheels.

When doing your hair is just so it fits in your helmet.

Your idea of breakfast is the stuff in the hotel lobby.

Eye black over mascara.

Bumps, lumps, scrapes, and cuts are an every day thing.

You play all day Sunday for a little statue and the other 10 girls that you count on!

The first couple of weeks of school, you wear all of the tourney shirts you received over the summer

For those who wear shorts, your darkest tan is where the shorts end and where the knee socks begins

A sleepover is done in a hotel room and not a house

When you actually dress up and no one recognizes you

you know what a walking taco is

which flavor of seeds will I eat today

for some..you listen to your coach more than your parents when it comes to bedtime

[Wonderful list! I especially like the item about the (formerly) white clothing! Here are a few more...]

* When, by early July, your shoulders, arms and knees are tan, but your thighs and shins are milky white.

* When you're walking down the hall at school and the girl in front of you drops her cell phone, you start shouting "Mine mine mine!" and dive across the floor to spear it. Backhanded.

* When you're walking in a parking lot and you suddenly drop step and turn because your attention is suddenly caught by a bird that's flying directly overhead.

* You sometimes seem to know every girl your age in your town and the three or four nearest burghs around it.

* The boys in your gym class refuse to play ball any more because the last time they did your throwing and hitting made them look foolish.

* When you're able to nail your big brother right between the eyes with a rolled up pair of socks from 50 feet away, for the simple reason that he's annoying you.

* When your boyfriend thinks you're weird and wonderful because, as you watch the Tigers/Yankees game with him, you point out that Jeter's problem is that he's off balance when he swings, which makes him drop his shoulder and pop up.

* Some time toward the end of the season, when he's out playing catch with you or hitting grounders, your dad gets a little choked up because he remembers he's only got so many more seasons of this left.

:cap:

When I open the car door to let my kids out at school and softballs and whiffle balls fall out and go rolling all over the parking lot.

When I open the car door to let my kids out at school and softballs and whiffle balls fall out and go rolling all over the parking lot.

Yeah yeah! Don't you love that?

I especially love when it happens in our driveway, because we've got about a hundred foot incline to the street. I can imagine what I look like trying to hop around and get as many as I can before they roll out into traffic!

When you go grocery shopping and realize you have to fit the groceries around a lawn chair and baseball bag... even in the winter.

When you go grocery shopping and realize you have to fit the groceries around a lawn chair and baseball bag... even in the winter.

We all know you mean softball bag, not baseball bag......:)

These are great. Here's some:

**When your summer grocery list consists of water, pepsi, seeds, fruit, and random snacks.

**The last family reunion you went to was when your DD was 9.

**When your DD looks at you and just says "thank you for giving up the last 6 years of your life for me."

**When you judge how well your tan is doing by the flip flop line on the top of your foot.

These are so true!
Here is some../

-when "dressing up" is wearing your favorite world series shirt

-vacations not only occur once a year, but multiple times during the summer

When you blow off Cedar Point Sundays with your friends because you are in the middle of a battle at the moment.

When you pick up your VP at Cleveland International on MOnday and realize your DD has left her SOCKS, her slider and her CLEATS in the back seat because practice is only 1 day away.

When your DD is asked to play baseball with the boys in the neighborhood and she warns them that their not ready for her.

When your car smells like foot and a**.
when your car is littled with water bottles.
when you dinner is ordered from a drive-thur window at 11p.m.

When It's Monday morning and you hear, " Dad/Mom.. I'm bored ".

When you just get home from a tournament in which your dd played 5 games in one day and she walks in the door and asks.. " Dad will you come out back and help me hit I need to work on it". Kind of brings a tear to your eye.

When your DD walks around all day practicing her pitching motion, and she's a catcher, not even a pitcher.

When your DD big news from her day at Jr High is the invite to HS softball workouts after school.

When your 5 year old son STILL wakes up every Saturday morning and asks how long will the drive be today? We have been done for about 4 weeks now...

When your DD walks out the front door for the first day of school and you dont reconize her because she did not have the following on sun visor, sun glasses, Knee socks, cleats, sandals, ponytail or a big wad a gum in her mouth

When the first Saturday since April that the entire family was home...The entire family sleeps in, stays in their PJ's all day and watches TV the entire day.. And were all COOL with that...

When your distant family sees your DD for the first time in a few years and they say to you she looks like one of those softball players you see on TV... Does she Play????

When your 3 year old son has a shirt that says "My sisters play softball therefore I don't have a life"