you make the call

score is 5-3 away team is winning
5th inning
home team has runners on 2nd & 3rd
two outs
lead off hitter is up
leadoff hitter just hit two home runs and a double just two days before..
hit a double off the top of the fence that bounced back in play on her first at bat.
what would you call as the coach?

If you are asking what a coach should do from a DEFENSIVE point of view then the usual strategy would be to walk this batter loading the bases with 2 outs with the hope the next batter is less formidable and if the next batter gets a hit the play is the easiest base for the 3rd out.

Just guessing that we're going to hear that the coach had them pitch to the batter and she blasted one. Just a guess ...

Offensively there is no doubt you trust this girl to do the right thing. Telling the base runners to stay awake and aggresive ;D ;D Defensively I put her on base and trust my defense to get the easiest out on the next and the pticher to keep the ball low and then do my bucket prayer.

since she has already banged you, and has the rep as a strong hitter - put her on and setup the force

the coach refused to walk her even after the pitcher tried to do the smart thing.
she got yelled at and recieved the dreaded evil eye!
seems the kids know more than the coach.

the hitter smashed a three run homer that cost them the game.
I have yet to find someone that agrees with the coaches decision.
The next batter flied out to short right field to end the inning.
It still bothers me for the girls to lose the game on a coaching blunder that seems so simple.
Your comments have taken a little of the sting out of it.
Thanks

If I have been burnt by a batter like that before She won't get the chance to put the bat on the ball again. That is just a given to me.