Your Welcome

I would just like to say, "Your Welcome" to the team with a brand new Medical Kit. You are very welcome to have such a nice kit with Heath Crush printed on the top. You are welcome to use all of the nice items inside as if they were your own and you do not even need to call me to thank me using the contact information also printed on the box. So you are very welcome to have our stuff, which you did not pay for!!!!!

If anyone knows whom or which team I should be welcoming my equipment with I would appreciate any information because it is just so hard on me not knowing who or what team we have been so gracious to allow them the continued use of our belongings.

It was picked up from the Marca Field after 1230pm on Friday at the Lasers Gold Tourney.

Once again... YOUR WELCOME!!!

That is sad. My daughter played for a team a couple summers ago where one of the mothers was bragging how she stole coolers, equipment, chairs, etc. at tournaments in previous years.

She told us how she stole a cooler full of food and then shared it with her daughter's team. The owners of the cooler spotted them and took the cooler back. My last straw was when she almost stole chairs she spotted while we were traveling with the team. Turned out the chairs belonged to a family on her daughter's team.

Since the coach made excuses and refused to do anything about it, I did. I pulled my daughter off the team as soon as we returned home. I did not want my daughter to be associated with a team that would support such actions and/or have a reputation to go along with it. Ethics and reputation are important--something that once broke is hard to fix.

That is sad. My daughter played for a team a couple summers ago where one of the mothers was bragging how she stole coolers, equipment, chairs, etc. at tournaments in previous years.

She told us how she stole a cooler full of food and then shared it with her daughter's team. The owners of the cooler spotted them and took the cooler back. My last straw was when she almost stole chairs she spotted while we were traveling with the team. Turned out the chairs belonged to a family on her daughter's team.

Since the coach made excuses and refused to do anything about it, I did. I pulled my daughter off the team as soon as we returned home. I did not want my daughter to be associated with a team that would support such actions and/or have a reputation to go along with it. Ethics and reputation are important--something that once broke is hard to fix.

I don't know why, in todays world, this still shocks me, but it does!! :eek::mad:

Crush1, sorry to hear about this. Hope it gets returned. For some reason, I just assume that at a softball tourney, things are relatively safe and that marked items will find their way back. I should know better after some cruisers at the spring college tournament for DD in Tucson AZ took off with a bunch of cameras.

I was really kinda hoping that someone might have a little info about this or the teams there at Marca Field after us? Thought someone might come forward and I could still get it returned..

I saw a mom a few years back get arrested for trying to steal somebody's bat/bat bag at Berliner. She just picked it up and walked off with it then went to watch another game where she was caught. I must say I enjoyed seeing her get arrested.

And fer cryin' out loud---it's a medical/first aid kit!

What's next? Folks gonna start boosting wheelchairs? walkers? canes?

Yeesh, what is wrong with people? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your first aid kit. It is a shame that something like that would happen to any of us. FOTM is though, criminals are just that, criminals. Criminals will take advantage no matter when where or why and especially who. They are trash, simply stated. Accidents do happen, but from the sounds of it you had it properly marked and they have an opportunity to return the equipment. The only thing I can suggest is asking the parents to be a little more diligent while they are are your sidelines and assist with watching your gear. I know it ****s, but in today's world it is a must.

I remember leaving a coaches' bag at a park in Wheeling for about six hours back in 2004. I had $300 in it, along with my wallet and who knows what else. I have no idea why I had that much cash on me. After I realized what I did, I went back to that park and it was just sitting there next to a picnic table, totally undisturbed.

In 2005 we had a Jugs net that we tried to throw away at Compuware because it was torn up. We get to Colorado a week or so later and somebody comes walking up with our net, as we had written our team name on it in marker! After properly thanking this coach (I think from Indiana) who went WAY out of his way, we tried to get rid of the net in Colorado. Lo and behold, somebody comes up to me the next day with our net! We made sure at that point the net was put out of its misery.

Our Head Athletic Trainer here at Whitworth in Spokane, Wash. was asking me why we had a kit with "Heath Crush" printed on it. Just kidding! Who in the world would steal a medical kit? That's just insane. I wonder whether they will be dumb enough to carry it around for the rest of the summer. OFCers can now accept the task of peeking around dugouts for a med kit with Heath Crush on it all summer.

The wishful thinking in me hopes someone grabbed it or had it put in with the rest of the stuff by a parent and it's unknowingly or forgetfully sitting in someone's trunk at the moment. Seems to me like Joe's experience is far more common than thievery. We can hope anyway! :)

Lots of scary stories in this thread. We've been very lucky so far - except for one really nice first aid kid two years ago at our very first tournament ever.

Here's a positive story!
In DeGraff a few weeks ago I left the far side door of the van opened...not unlocked - - slid wide open - for hours. It was not visible to anyone at the fields, so a perfect target for theft. Not one thing was touched. I don't even want to say out loud what I had left in the van. Suffice to say we had checked out of the hotel for the day!

Thank you people of DeGraff and fellow softball families for being such great people.

While I'm on the thank you wagon - thanks to the nice local softball player who helped me collapse the pop-up net! I will never remember how to do this!

JoeA:

A couple of weeks ago at ASA States in Elyria, I left my Timbuk2 bag (which could be considered a thief's target in and of itself) sitting out the lawn outside the field for 2 games. It had $200 in it (like you, I can't remember why I had so much money). I absolutely panicked when we went to check into the hotel and I realized I didn't have my bag. Rushed back to the field and there it was, sitting out in the open. (I would lose my head if it weren't screwed on).

I really have to believe that most people wouldn't take something that wasn't theirs. ;) Unfortunately, Crush1, you ran into one of the handful that would. I keep getting on here hoping to see a post that says they accidentally picked it up or they found it and turned it in to the concession stand or TD. I still hope that happens. ;&

Joe and Carol... since neither of you remember why you had so much cash... I am going to offer my service and volunteer to hold the cash for you till your memory improves. And if it doesn't...

;&

Maybe they have our wiffles from the fall that got stolen and a cooler that got stolen - it is very sad.

Coach Murph

Been lucky over the years. Never had an issue, but we would never leave anything at Berliner. Many issues there over the years. I work in Marion and hoping this wasn't anyone from our softball community. Marion is a little rough in terms of crime. We have had many thefts here at the plant in the parking lot.