You're the College AD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

So let's play a purely hypothetical;) game. You're the AD for a D2 university that is known to have very successful sports program, but have received numerous complaints about your softball coach the last few years. For the third year in a row the team has gotten eliminated in the NCAA regionals, but the complaints are still coming in. One of those complaints is from the school's home run leader and multi-year all conference player, who is leaving the school and giving up her last year of eligibility because of her treatment by the coach.

What do you do?

Finish my senior year at college.. work on my game independently .... tryout for a semi pro or pro team after graduation.

Keep complaining about them on OFC month after month till we figure out who you're talking and have them black-balled form the coaching community!!

Just a thought, before sending your daughter there you should have watched this coach before you got there in a game situation. Or talked to the players and asked them their honest opinions, or former players. Would you go on a date with someone without first finding a little bit about them.

Finish my senior year at college.. work on my game independently .... tryout for a semi pro or pro team after graduation.

Absolutely agree! Also, she can use OFC for therapy to help her through the tough times!

I will need more info to have an opinion. For all I know the players are upset because they don't get to practice enough and feel that with strick management they could be at the big dance instead of being ousted in the regionals.

The one point of interest that will be hard to overcome will be their record to date. It sounds like the program, however disliked, is winning their share and somewhat successful. The record will be hard to overcome but may need to be negated if the girls are needing therapy after participating with the current coaching staff.

Sounds a lot to me like a friend who describes *******'s situation. But that's just a guess. Have heard of drama all year long there, from good to bad.

If I'm the AD I investigate and if I find the complaints to be unworthy I do nothing. Which sounds like what happened if everyone has complained for 2-3 years.
If I'm the player I have some options:

1. keep my mouth shut and play the game I love while getting an education.
2. transfer to another institution.
3. Quit softball and finish my education.
4. quit softball and quit school.

Dazed ... you are definitely confused ... ******** is D3 and hasn't made NCAA regionals last 3 years ...

Yes, my school is D3, but I would like to have made the regionals the last three years! Actually, I have decided to return to Ohio, so I resigned last week and will return late this coming week after wrapping things up here. I just mainly want to be back in Ohio. Love the job, but too hard being away from family and friends year after year, and then my mom went into the hospital last night, further validating my decision (she should be fine).

I do know which school is being discussed in this thread, but I have no information otherwise.

Yes, my school is D3, but I would like to have made the regionals the last three years! Actually, I have decided to return to Ohio, so I resigned last week and will return late this coming week after wrapping things up here. I just mainly want to be back in Ohio. Love the job, but too hard being away from family and friends year after year, and then my mom went into the hospital last night, further validating my decision (she should be fine).

I do know which school is being discussed in this thread, but I have no information otherwise.

So, will we see a JoeA coached travel team this summer? Welcome back Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.