Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Haley Fagan Tim Walton Altercation?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 624/4
    Given: 481/3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thoughts on the Haley Fagan Tim Walton Altercation?

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam

Is it just my dislike for Tim Walton or did he unnecessarily start this by pushing Fagan for not high-five'ing him - I realize she should have just high fived Walton and walked away and the hand shake line isn't the right place to make a stand but there is true disdain on her part for his dismissal of her sisters.

Did anyone notice if she had shoock hands the last two games?
    Last edited by cobb_of_fury; 03-28-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: thought i should spell Shook correctly
    Support: @StayInSoftball - Follow: @AintNoWaySoft - Watch: @FastPitchTV - Root For: @BucsRaiseIt , @NorthAllegheny and @PittsburghPower

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 0/0

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Thoughts on the Haley Fagan Tim Walton Altercation?

grown man and a coach, not the right time or place to confront her. No hand up, walk on by. Then maybe mention to Auburn head coach at the end of the line. Or possibly phone call later. OR maybe realize why she might have did it, and let it drop entirely.

Never should he have touched her shoulder.

just my $.02

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 97/1
    Given: 227/1

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

From a post on another site, it was said that she in fact did not shake hands those other two games either. I am sure it is because of the situation with her sisters. I lay all the blame on him. He was the aggressor.
    Mandi - Mom of Miggs

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,522/8
    Given: 1,267/7

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Can't absolutely say 100% he pushed her ... almost appears he was looking ahead in the line and reached out and when didn't make contact, he moved his hand over ... not trying to defend him ... I like Auburn more than Florida anyhow ... just can't tell for sure. Certainly if he was intending to do that, he was way over the line. I don't know the history with the 2 sisters, but would guess there's 2 sides to every story there too. It's just never a good idea to refuse or force a hand shake/high five. I did it once in my coaching career and had another coach do it to me once as well ... and felt terrible about it both times. Of course, I would have never done it to a player.
    Last edited by coachjwb; 03-29-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    Jeff Baker

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 3/0

Way too many coincidences for me to think this wasn't done purposefully. Shameful act by the coach, IMO.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 311/5
    Given: 134/4

Walton screwed up -- Badly . Regardless of the lack of sportsmanship from Fagan , you just walk on by and do nothing during the line .. reaching out and tapping her shoulder was childish from a coach who has been around forever . A little " we just beat your __ " so you are going to take your medicine stuff . Uncalled for , and I hope the SEC suspends him for an entire series against an SEC foe . And Auburn's coach needs to tell all players -- " we shake EVERYONE's hand" It wasnt like he isnt aware of the whole fagan drama , just do NOTHING to stir it up .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/1
    Given: 107/1

He knew what he was doing and he wanted that reaction.. I cant believe someone hasn't issued a statement yet.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 624/4
    Given: 481/3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Support: @StayInSoftball - Follow: @AintNoWaySoft - Watch: @FastPitchTV - Root For: @BucsRaiseIt , @NorthAllegheny and @PittsburghPower

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/1
    Given: 29/0

Is Fagan that full of herself? Is it that hard to just go through the motions? I know there is history between Walton and her sisters, but does she think that "He kicked my sisters off his team 5 years ago, so he's going to try and diss' me here?" Or that he is thinking " I kicked her sisters off my team, watch me show her up right here?" Judging by her team mates reactions, they must've thought she was in the wrong.

Btw, I am not sticking up for Walton as I hate all of the Florida teams, but there was a whole lot of Nothing going on right there.
    -To be a successful softball coach, you must first forget everything you know about baseball.
    -My daughter's best pitch is her "scropper". It breaks evenly on four planes, simultaneously.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 311/5
    Given: 134/4

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

That apology is a bold faced lie . He didnt realize her hand wasnt up and he " touched her shoulder " Totally unbelievable . He was wanting to rub it in . Poor sportsmanship by her doesnt excuse his action and the apology is ridiculous .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast