Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    569
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 349/6
    Given: 161/4

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    D1 recruits an Ohio travel team has produced from a single travel team ? Naming where they went would be cool . I dont have a clue what the most would be .. 5 ? 7 ? 11 ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    569
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 349/6
    Given: 161/4

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    I'm sure some girls played a few years for more than 1 travel team and I know how this can go downhill . " Well Suzie was a Tiger from age 11-16 but got her ride after 1 year with the Bears at age 17 .. so she's a Bear " . Anyway lets not go that route , I'm talking 1 year , 1 team , not who any particular kid grew up playing with .

  3. #3
    Member b lesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Massillon
    Posts
    69
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/1
    Given: 89/0

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Lasers Red our 2016 team. Lauren D. Wright St, Maddie L, YSU, Nikki S, YSU, Meg O, Ohio ST, Kayla M, Oakland U, Emily K, Bowling Green.
    Bill Lesh

    Lasers Red

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bink44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    263
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 384/1
    Given: 54/1

    7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    OHIO LASERS GREEN is sitting @ 7 D1 Verbals. We have about a 3 to 15 month window for the other 6 players on our Team.
    Last edited by Bink44; 09-11-2017 at 07:25 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 13/0

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Entire Lasers Gray 98 from 2013 (14u team) have gone on to play college ball, 9 out of 10 of them D1. Penn State, Ohio State, Louisville, Ball State, Loyola, Eastern Illinois, Butler, LeHigh, Memphis

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    379
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 453/0
    Given: 3/0

    9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Please stop focusing on D-1 like it is the only answer. It gives the wrong impression to parents and players.

    There must be 20 times the opportunities for our dd's to play D-2, D-3, NAIA, Branch Campus and Community Colleges in our region.
    Sure it's great if one our dd's gets to play for one of a dozen D-1's into region but hundreds will get to play for the other colleges.
    They will receive great educations and get to play the game they love for 4 more years. They won't be any less of a human nor less of a player just because they choose to play somewhere other then D-1.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    What's wrong with a girl wanting to play D1? Nobody suggested anything negative about any other division other than you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    351
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 254/3
    Given: 101/3

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairman View Post
    Please stop focusing on D-1 like it is the only answer. It gives the wrong impression to parents and players.
    OP stated D1. He even stated it can downhill either too. How does it give the wrong impression to players and parents? If an org states they've helped this many girls go D1, then that's on the players to try out. It appeals to the families who wants to go D1. And if I recall (sorry manitoudan), I think the OP is a coach that isn't D1. So he's obviously not offended by this.

    Girls dream of D1 like boys making the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Would say NHL but there's too many variables with KHL, NHL, and playing D1 in college.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    297
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 355/0
    Given: 317/0

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsfan View Post
    Girls dream of D1 like boys making the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Would say NHL but there's too many variables with KHL, NHL, and playing D1 in college.
    Lol... Fairman took a shot at me too for daring to mention D1 softball and the IDT. He wrote "It's a mistake to hold that mirror up to the remaining 99%, a kid can find happiness playing for a small D-3 in the middle of Ohio and go on to earn a MBA, MD, PE, NP etc... and have a wonderful life." What's interesting is that he lashes out repeatedly against anyone who even mentions D1 softball as elitist, but he is ok with kids pursuing an MD which is even more difficult to achieve than playing D1 softball. It appears it's ok to encourage our kids to become elite in the world of business and medicine, but in terms of softball it's called "drinking the KoolAid." According to him we should be telling our young Ohio athletes to give up the dream of playing D1... the odds are they're simply not good enough and can't achieve it.
    To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift...
    Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it... (Steve Prefontaine)


    Tom Schmeiser
    Outlaws '03 Schmeiser

  10. #10
    Senior Member HITTER23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S.W. Ohio in lil Detroit
    Posts
    796
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 854/16
    Given: 379/2

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Re: Just for fun , in the last few years , say 5 years, What is the most

    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmize3 View Post
    Lol... Fairman took a shot at me too for daring to mention D1 softball and the IDT. He wrote "It's a mistake to hold that mirror up to the remaining 99%, a kid can find happiness playing for a small D-3 in the middle of Ohio and go on to earn a MBA, MD, PE, NP etc... and have a wonderful life." What's interesting is that he lashes out repeatedly against anyone who even mentions D1 softball as elitist, but he is ok with kids pursuing an MD which is even more difficult to achieve than playing D1 softball. It appears it's ok to encourage our kids to become elite in the world of business and medicine, but in terms of softball it's called "drinking the KoolAid." According to him we should be telling our young Ohio athletes to give up the dream of playing D1... the odds are they're simply not good enough and can't achieve it.


    Last edited by HITTER23; 09-12-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=16UOUTLAWSPREMIER&s=softball

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10 years later
    By Hilliarddad3 in forum General Softball
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
  2. Last years tournament List
    By Coach_Stan in forum General Softball
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
  3. Last years tourny list
    By feistymom in forum General Softball
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
  4. What will be next years ?gotta do this to hit?
    By Guest in forum Girls Fastpitch Softball Hitting Technical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •