We have move to are new Softball community site. The New Forum is up and running, with many more feature coming. Follow the Link below for the new site.
https://www.thesoftballzone.com/community/index.php

Thread: 7th grader

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 263/3
    Given: 105/3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

7th grader

So the other day, I saw this headline in my email:

http://www.flosoftball.com/article/6...its-to-florida

My mouth dropped. If you think about it, right out of the 6th grade when they were looking at her! This is getting absurd. So much for us cracking jokes.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 627/4
    Given: 481/3

Re: 7th grader

It is a real issue - many of the midlevel programs and Down are concerned about this trend but until no one does it everyone has to do it for these high end recruits.
    Now I assume this is a Very special young lady but 7th grade is crazy -

I read somewhere Labrons son had received an offer from some college a couple years ago - he might have been 10 at the time
    Support: @StayInSoftball - Follow: @AintNoWaySoft - Watch: @FastPitchTV - Root For: @BucsRaiseIt , @NorthAllegheny and @PittsburghPower

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/1
    Given: 36/0

It would be interesting to see just how many of these early commits turn out to be absolute busts. You'll never see any type of stat for that, but I would bet a high percentage of them either don't meet the expectations, or are total wash outs.
    "The Pitcher's Dad" - Ruining fast pitch softball since 1978

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 457/0
    Given: 3/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I believe it's Simms V at WVU that was offered a QB slot by Stanford as a 13 year old. He struggled through high school and a coaching change at Stanford. He then bounced around, landed at WVU, took a year off and tried to QB at a small college, Came back to WVU and is now a leading receiver in the Big 12.

I'm sure there are many stories like this but without the happy ending. They just disappeared.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 558/9
    Given: 883/0

My dd is an '04, seventh grader and from what I see daily from her, this is way too young.
    But, I also have a hard time with sophomore verbaling, I almost think that is too young, although more tolerable.
    Jen Justice-Carter