Team Tournament Selecting - Beware!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted the following in another thread, but as teams are now preparing their Spring/Summer schedules for 2018 - Do your homework & be prepared! If you are an older team, don't just fall for an event because it has a cool name with lots of false promises. If you are a younger team looking - make sure you know the type, how many, & the number of Umpires they are providing.........

All 10U & 12U teams need to be aware of the Fastpitch Showdowns also!!!!!
They play less games & pay less money - yet it equals out to be more per game than the older teams pay!!!!!!!!
They also have listed that ONLY ONE (1) UMPIRE WILL BE USED FOR THESE AGE GROUPS for majority of their events!
I sent email & was actually told that the younger coaches asked for this - LMAO...... Coaches don't like solo umpires in fall pool play games - who want them in a Summer event charging prime costs?

Everyone needs to look at all aspects of the events they are choosing for next Summer!
Not sure why anyone would want to play in a Drop Dead tournament during the Summer, why anyone would want to play in an event with solo Umpires during the Summer, why coaches, parents, & teams continue to fall for BS from some TD's! It is one thing when organizations/teams are hosting an event or two to cover operating expenses. But when some individuals make a living off running events & manage to continue to find new ways to stick it to the teams to make even more profit is getting ridiculous!

TEAMS BEWARE!!! Don't fall for those events - there are plenty of tournaments! Just cause an event sticks Showdown or World Series at the end of it's title - It means nothing! When an event runs single elimination events that break down into multiple divisions that is a money grab! Not a World Series, Championship, & def not a Showcase!

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, Dave.........
I, along with many families, were actually looking forward to coming up to your event next Summer!
Unfortunately, there are a couple of families on the team who could not make the trip. So we are having to stay close that weekend.
But we def look forward to playing in your event soon! Only hear great things about Aunt Rosie's event! Wish a few others, especially those who make a lot of money every year off of events, would take that same pride!

Davemy

Reaction score
Website
auntrosiestournament.com
I will look forward to meeting you down the road, I am pretty sure we will have 2 Ohio Thunder Teams this year! 14U and 16U.
On a side note, Aunt Rosie's is a Fundraiser for Amherst Girls Softball League. No one that runs this event gets paid. We are all volunteers.
Every dime we make gets put back into our complex. We are up to Seven Fields now. People have know idea what it costs to run this complex from April to November.
On top of maintaining it. We want to make it better for everybody! We have quite a wish list!

I DO THINK COACHES NEED TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK. There are a lot of bad Tournaments with Bad Rules, Bad fields, Parking Fees, Admission Fees, Fields cared for by town parks dept.
Playing on Baseball Fields, Drop dead time limits, No Coolers, I could go on and on.

We might not be that Tournament that has 50 Teams in 12U or 80 Teams in 14U or 100 Teams in 16U( We could be that Tournament) but when you leave Aunt Rosie's most likely someone from your Coaching staff or your families have met me!!! #Dedication #Pride #BetheBest #30years