Easton Ghost(USSSA Model)

wellbuckit

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these bats? If so what are your thoughts?

jt7663

Reaction score
FYI ..... Just played Canfield Summer Smash & was Illegal in this USSSA Qualifier

nwbackstop

Reaction score
It wasnt usssa approved until this week,they say older ones without usssa stamp will be good at usssa events now also.

nwbackstop

Reaction score
Alot of mixed reviews ,like everything else but its very hot bat ,but also hear alot of stories of them breaking in under a year

wellbuckit

Reaction score
I don't know if I would believe that.
USSSA By-Law 10.D. Other Criteria for Legal USSSA Bats. 1. The performance standard for all non-wooden bats will be a Bat Performance Factor (BPF) of 1.20, or less under the ASTM BPF test as applied under the standard USSSA Bat License Agreement. Only bats made by those bat manufacturers listed on the USSSA website as USSSA Licensed Softball Bat Manufacturers and that have the New USSSA 1.20 BPF Mark on the taper of the bat will be legal in USSSA sanctioned play. Wood bats, however, that are made by USSSA Licensed Softball Bat Manufacturer will be legal in USSSA sanctioned play without any 1.20 BPF mark being required.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
Folks if your going to spread information, at least take a second to verify the correct information with an official of USSSA. The original bat is not permitted and will never be permitted in USSSA events. Our lawyer sat there at the national meeting last fall and told us it won't happen. The original bat tests too low on the compression machine they use for bats that use the 1.2 BPF standard. That is why Easton was not permitted to put the USSSA thumb print on it.

If you see one in an USSSA game, it is because it has not been caught yet but we will get it once made aware of it.

Sometimes "they" just don't get it!

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
even the USSSA approved one?
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't let them use one made for USSSA

That was probably the original one. The USSSA approved one is just starting to hit the markets the last few days or might still be pre-ordering. One of our TD's in Atlanta had Easton sponsor and set up at one of his events early in May and the Easton rep sold out of all 48 bats he put out for display.

Most place are just starting to ship on them or get them in stock if it matters.

Xrayaries

Reaction score
Yes you can use the USSSA stamped bat in USSSA games and tournaments. There is a reason for the stamps. Yes they do have a new bat that meets USSSA standards. Why is this so hard?

snoman76

Reaction score
Yes you can use the USSSA stamped bat in USSSA games and tournaments. There is a reason for the stamps. Yes they do have a new bat that meets USSSA standards. Why is this so hard?

Oh, but it is that hard...

Over the weekend my youngest was at a USSSA tournament and during one of her games a girl smoked a HR using the non approved Ghost. The coaches told the umpires that the bat used was not USSSA approved. 15 or so minutes later, a visit from the UIC and talk with the TD it was determined that since the bat had the "USA" approval on it that it was BY RULE ok to use in the USSSA tournament. When the TD was approached about this after the game he said "I'm hearing this A LOT today. Since I never received anything about it we are going to allow it to be used this weekend." Come Sunday, bat not allowed to be used and if a player uses it she will be ejected along with the HC.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I'm going to say I know where that occurred because I got a phone call about this very scenario at about 8:15 am on Sunday morning.

I just e-mailed our National Director of officials to see if he will put out some communication regarding this bat to our officials again and its non-approval status along with the penalty if caught with it in a game.

I know they have been enforcing it correctly in areas where we run all winter. Now that the cold weather states have had the older kids start playing more travel, this is where the communication had stopped or got jumbled.

Oh, but it is that hard...

Over the weekend my youngest was at a USSSA tournament and during one of her games a girl smoked a HR using the non approved Ghost. The coaches told the umpires that the bat used was not USSSA approved. 15 or so minutes later, a visit from the UIC and talk with the TD it was determined that since the bat had the "USA" approval on it that it was BY RULE ok to use in the USSSA tournament. When the TD was approached about this after the game he said "I'm hearing this A LOT today. Since I never received anything about it we are going to allow it to be used this weekend." Come Sunday, bat not allowed to be used and if a player uses it she will be ejected along with the HC.

wpaguy

Reaction score
Honestly not sure how any player / parent / coach and Umpire could make this mistake. If you purchased the original Ghost bat you were made fully aware it could only be used in ASA, School ball and PGF ......Plain in simple it is cheating if you allowed your daughter or player to use bat ....My DD has one and we knew going in it could only be used non usssa / nsa tournaments ..Yes the Bat is hot ....she got about 5 more mph on her ball exit speed with this bat

jt7663

Reaction score
Used it Hitting a HR 5 minutes into Tourney which led to a 10 minute delay 4 Umpires & TD involved & decided to allow it to be used (Non USSSA Tourney)