what stat software programs are being used by coaches

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i to prefer keeping the book but Im curious as to what stat software programs are being used by coaches. Does anyone have a preference as to what they use? If you use software, which program?

Stedman00

Reaction score
if properly inputted, Gamechanger stats are very powerful tools. Or a big lump of crap. Spray charts, batting averages against same pitcher previously, % of QAB, # of pitches seen after 2 strikes, # pitches per at bat. Many stats that are damn near impossible to track with a standard book, but easily tracked with GC.

I can give several examples.

Runner on 3b, batter hits high fly to deep left field. caught for out, and runner at 3B tags and scores easily. Sac Fly all day. However, it needs to be entered as such in gamechanger or the batter gets short changed in their offensive stats.

passed ball versus wild pitch - pretty easy to see the pitcher versus catcher parent keeping these stats.

easy grounder to 3B, F5 scoops cleanly and throws a warp speed worm burner past 1B, ball bounces 2x before passing 1B. that's a throwing error of F5, not an E3.

As yocoach stated, GIGO.

Stedman00

Reaction score
almost forgot, IF the team really wants to, and parents pay for access, you can essentially 'watch' a game via GC if score keeper has wifi or cell service. very cool for parents that can't attend games for whatever reason.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
I agree with Stedman & yocoach. Game changer or iScore. Both good. BUT it all depends on the score keeper. Many meetings after games I pull the score keeper on the carpet for something that’s scored incorrect. Like they always say... u want something done right do it yourself. Lol

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i to prefer keeping the book but Im curious as to what stat software programs are being used by coaches. Does anyone have a preference as to what they use? If you use software, which program?
i actually prefer both... paper book and Game changer... sometimes you gotta go back and fix something on GC and the paperbook keeper can keep scoring and catch you up if you fall behind. if you can find enough help, both is best IMHO