coaching

1. CoachMike0308

Some Things Change And We Never Seem To Learn

Over the last few years, I look at various chats and forums. One thing that makes me go "hmmm" is that parents today seem to be arguing about the same things parents argued about 20 years ago. I was inspired to write my blogs this week on the subject. I invite you to check them out, feel free...
  2. matthew helm

High School varsity assistant (infield) wanted

Streetsboro high school is looking for a varsity assistant that would be in charge of infield drills. Paid position upon completion of all necessary ohsaa/school certificates and approval. Contact coach Helm at borosoftball@hotmail.com or on the ohsaa jobs board.
  3. S

Coaches Clinic - Topic: Pitching

Danielle O'Toole OLY is hosting a clinic for Coaches. Topic is Pitching, all questions are welcome. Date: October 27th Location: Cal State Fullerton Price: $120 per coach There is a zoom option available for October 28th. DM her or email dotoole@fullerton.edu to sign up
  4. S

Coaches Clinic - Topic: Pitching

Danielle O'Toole OLY is hosting a clinic for Coaches. The topic will be pitching, and all questions are welcome. Date: October 27th Location: Cal State Fullerton Price: $120 per coach There is also a zoom option available on October 28th. DM her social media platforms or email...
  5. Passion4theGame

Is there a correct amount of players for a roster per age group??

Interested to start this topic. What’s your thoughts on roster size at each group? 8u, 10u, 12u less players? 14u,16u,& 18u more players? what’s the correct number? After really thinking this through I feel more is better at 14u+. reasons for this: Preps the girls for college environment...
  6. softballdad1999

Coaches who utilize subs PLEASE READ!!

I apologize in advance for this as I'm sure this will turn into a heated discussion quickly! Yes this is coming from a parent, which I'm sure my opinion will hold very little weight in the grand scheme of things but here goes nothing... I'm constantly seeing coaches post about needing...
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders 75-100 ground balls within 20 minutes

FIELDING: GROUNDERS DRILL I coach fastpitch girls at Northwest High School and Northwest Senior League levels, in Southern Ohio. Our high school and Sr. League team works frantically with this favorite of mine. It allows for each fielder to see nearly 75-100 ground balls within 20 minutes...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Hitting, Fielding, Throwing, Base Running practice

FIELDING: BAT AROUND THE HORN GAME My name is Gary Shepherd. I'm a high school coach at Fox, Oklahoma. I call this drill BAT AROUND THE HORN. It works on every aspect of the game--Hitting, Fielding, Throwing, Base Running and requires two teams of 5 players. (It can be played with 6 players or...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Line drive and pop up fielding drill

FIELDING: 1,2,3 DRILL Hello, my name is Coach Stacey Baker and I coach High School Girls Softball in Camden, Tennessee. One of my favorite fielding drill is what I call the: (1, 2, 3 drill). This drill is great for both infielders as well as outfielders. This is a line drive and pop up...
  10. SoftballBomb

Training Aids, what’s your favorite?

There are lots of products available to choose from I guess everyone would agree a Tee would be on the list of training aids coaches use. What other products have you try that you really like and what training aid we’re a complete fail.
  11. A

High School Softball Coach Needed

Purcell Marian High School in Cincinnati is looking for a Varsity Head Fast Pitch Softball Coach for the upcoming season. If interested please contact Athletic Director: Brian Meyer: bmeyer@purcellmarian.org.
  12. T

Late Winter Softball League (Columbus, OH)

I am looking to have an indoor softball league for February and March at Stars Indoor Sports. 9v9 format with high ceilings and full turf field. The cost per team is $695 and you get 6 guaranteed games with an umpire. With the high school season approaching, I am really looking for 8u, 10u, 12u...
  13. C

Bo Jackson Elite **NEEDS 1 PLAYER**

At Bo Jackson'e Elite Sports it is our mission to train athletes from the inside out. We have competitive teams at all age groups and are looking for that one final player to make a difference. ALL of our teams have a membership to the BJES facility in Hilliard, Ohio to train whenever they want...
  14. xz2sdk

!! VALLEY EXTREME !! Coaching Applications Being Accepted for 2018-19 Season

We are interviewing potential coaches for the 2018-19 season. We will consider all divisions but have a primary focus in 10u / 9u. Valley Extreme calls NEO home and has 10 teams this season. You can see more about the organization and our home complex (Candlelight Knolls, Warren) by visiting...
  15. thuff

Heath Middle School Softball

COACHING VACANCY - Heath Middle School club softball is looking a middle school softball coach (possibly 2 if numbers allow for both seventh and eighth grade teams). If interested send your information to Tony Huff at awhuff1@gmail.com or text me at 740.334.9826 ASAP as we are now behind in...
  16. L

Two Former College Softball Players Seeking 14u and Older Team to Coach

If any teams are looking for assistant coaches, myself and a good friend of mine have played softball since we were kids and we both played in college. If you would like any more info, just shoot me a message.
  17. CARDS

January 7th Cincinnati area Fastpitch Instruction

Posting for one of my former players... Lauren, Marvin and Grace Larrick will be putting on a softball camp in Cincinnati for ages 9-13 on Jan 7th. At SWOBAT located at 5147 Kennedy Ave in Oakley 45213 They will provide basic and advanced skill instruction to these age groups! Instruction...
  18. ALOFastpitch

Leffew Fastpitch Now Accepting Resumes!

Leffew Fastpitch is now accepting resumes for pitching instructors either part time or full time! LFP is a state-of-the-art fastpitch softball training facility in North Ridgeville Ohio that boasts some of the top instructors in the state. We are currently looking for enthusiastic pitching...
  19. N

Coaching Opportunity with the NWO Lady Irish

The NWO Lady Irish is looking for coaches at the 8U, 10U and 12U age levels for the 2017-2018 season. Our strong organization has been in existence since 1989! Our teams have traveled across the country and won multiple national championships. We have recently reshaped our organization in...
  20. N

NWO Lady Irish Coaching Opportunity

Check out our website at http://www.nwoladyirish.com We currently have a couple of coaching opportunities. What a great time to become part of our growing organization as we move into our new facility! Contact Cory Bryan if you're interested in becoming part of our great softball program...