grounders

1. Andrew Scott

Fungo bats?

Any coaches out there use fungo bats for infield/outfield practice? I know they are more predominant in baseball, just curious for softball and if so, any recommendations?
  2. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Teaches them to be ready for anything

FIELDING: READY FOR ANYTHING DRILL Have someone to throw the ball and to catch. First you form a line about 30 to 40 feet away from the person that is throwing the ball. Tell the players just to charge the ball. Also tell them that they could expect almost anything. Grounder, Pop Fly, or a line...
  3. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Underhand shovel toss

There are many instances where the underhand shovel toss is the proper throw for an infielder. The first baseman shovels the ball to the pitcher covering first base. The middle infielders use the underhand toss for plays around second base. As the fielder fields the ball she doesn't stand...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders 75-100 ground balls within 20 minutes

FIELDING: GROUNDERS DRILL I coach fastpitch girls at Northwest High School and Northwest Senior League levels, in Southern Ohio. Our high school and Sr. League team works frantically with this favorite of mine. It allows for each fielder to see nearly 75-100 ground balls within 20 minutes...
  5. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Outfielders fielding ground balls

FIELDING: CONES DRILL Set out some small cones in an arc in the outfield and then hit grounders to the outfielders. They must round the cones before reaching the ball. This teaches them to go to the path of the ball and keep there eye's on the ball.