parents

1. Admin

Request for Meeting to Discuss Daughter's Softball Journey with Her Coaches

Dear Coach [Coach's Name], I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for the time and effort you invest in coaching our daughters. Your dedication to their development on and off the field is truly commendable, and it's evident in the progress they've...
  2. Admin

Approaching your daughter's softball coach about playing time

Approaching your daughter's softball coach about playing time can be done respectfully and constructively. Start by scheduling a meeting with the coach to discuss your concerns. Begin the conversation by expressing your appreciation for the coach's dedication to the team and your daughter's...
  3. CoachMike0308

Some Things Change And We Never Seem To Learn

Over the last few years, I look at various chats and forums. One thing that makes me go "hmmm" is that parents today seem to be arguing about the same things parents argued about 20 years ago. I was inspired to write my blogs this week on the subject. I invite you to check them out, feel free...
  4. SSBMindset

Improve your game with mental performance tools!

FREE MENTAL PERFORMANCE WEBINAR FOR ATHLETES, PARENTS & COACHES For more information and to register, visit https://www.ssbperformance.com/free-webinar Do you love to compete but something inside you knows you can do more? Do you try to be more mentally tough yet still find yourself lacking...
  5. Rerun

How much should a Coach be paid and what expenses should be reimbursed?

I was reading about a groups of 12 under softball parents trying to decide what a fair compensation package and what type of reimbursement they would make when hiring a Head Coach. Here was the package they put together and was wonder what others thought about it. Salary $500 a month Travel...
  6. Rerun

Ok parents pickup your chairs up after your game

One of my new pet peeve is parents not taken there stuff with them after their daughters game because they play again in 2 hours. Pickup your chairs when your done. I’m sorry leaving your chairs won’t save your spot.
  7. D

Buyer beware

Something I learned far too well this season is that when you, as a parent, are choosing a new team with your daughter, choose what will make you both happy. Too many people are jumping to go to an "Elite" team because of the name. These "Elite" organizations are not in this for the girls and...
  8. Rerun

What age group is the most Challenging?

This discussion is something everyone may have a view Coaches, Parents, Tournament Directors and maybe even players. What age groups is the most challenging to Coach? What age groups is the hardest to deal with when running a tournament? As a parent what age was the most challenging for your...
  9. TheSoftballZone

What type of waivers are TD asking parents to sign due to covid 19

I was wonder whats the wording on the waivers that TD are asking parents or Coaches to sign? Are teams asking parents and Players to sign waivers?
  10. Admin

What are the social values and life lessons your daughters/players learned playing SB

What are the social values and life lessons your daughters/players learned playing SB. We read these words and quotes all the time in the forum. Quotes we read, when reading topic or thread about Coaching Girls Fastpitch Softball. Coaches should be Role Models for the girls. Coaches...