training aids

1. J

Softball/Baseball Pitching Machine and other softball equipment for sale

SOFTBALL EQUIPMENT FOR SALE Batting cage 50' L x 20' W x 10' H $100 First Pitch Baseline pitching machine for softball or baseball $600 2 dozen pitching machine softballs $50 Swing Tracker - 3D swing analyzer $50 ... see diamondkinetics.com for full description (IOS systems only) All items...
  2. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catcher Softball hands drill

CATCHERS: TENNIS SOFT HAND Teaches the catchers to catch the ball properly. Equipment: Tennis balls or safety balls, catchers gear if desired. Procedure: Catcher assumes her stance without a glove. The coach or partner throws tennis balls or safety balls close to the strike zone. The catcher...
  3. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers teaching catchers quickness an coordination

CATCHING: CATCHER'S PADDLE DRILL I am a catcher for my high school softball team and would like to share a drill that benefitted me greatly. Have your catcher stand behind a plate in full gear. I find that this drill works best in a gym with a backstop or wall behind the catcher. Instead of...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catchers throwing to second an thrid base practice

CATCHING: Cone DRILL One of the best catchers drills I've ever used is to stick a safety cone on its side next to second base(1st base side) and throw balls into the cones from homeplate. Then move cones to 3rd base, doing the same. When I first used this drill I used bigger targets.
  5. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catching throwing thru a hoop at second bases

CATCHING: HOOP DRILL You will need a hula-hoop and some softball. Place the hula-hoop upright over second base (a coach will hold it) and instruct your catcher to make her throw from homeplate through the hoop. This develops accurate throws. The second part of the drill, you can put a...
  6. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catcher keeping the ball in front of you

CATCHING: PING PONG DRILL I have been catching for 2 years now and I was taught the ping pong drill last year. The catcher is in FULL gear and the coach is at least 3 feet away throwing ping pongs at the catcher. The catcher does this drill first without a glove, then with a glove. It teaches...
  7. SoftballBomb

Training Aids, what’s your favorite?

There are lots of products available to choose from I guess everyone would agree a Tee would be on the list of training aids coaches use. What other products have you try that you really like and what training aid we’re a complete fail.