10U Coaches Poll FINAL WEEK (7-10-16) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
10U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Monday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.

You can PM me or email me at: steiner22ja@aol.com

This will be the Final poll of the summer season!

MCombs

Reaction score
Lasers Silver 06 was at Stingrays this weekend. We went 2-3 and I am extremely proud of our showing as well as our growth this season especially when 10 of our 11 girls are either 06 or 07 birth years. I put us in the toughest tournaments that I could find in hopes that by this time of year, we would begin to grow up and begin competing against some of the best. I think we took a big step this weekend and hopefully we can continue to play well our last two tournaments. We'll be at GAPSS followed by the All Sanctioned World Series at Berliner.

Win 2-1 vs Wizards Young Guns
Loss 7-4 vs Vipers East
Loss 5-0 vs Ohio Starz
Win 15-4 vs OFC Heat
Loss 2-0 vs Ohio Rapture (Bracket Play)

Shane

Reaction score
Young Guns participated in the Stingrays tournament this weekend. Overall record from the weekend was 2-2-1, darn ties! The girls have two more tournaments, the Wizard Wind Down and the All Sanctioned World Series. Overall record is 40-18-5, darn ties! We set out this year as a coaching staff to seek out the best competition and push this group of 05 birthdays. From where this group was in the spring, late April, to where they are now, is night and day. The future is bright for this crew. Here are the results from the Stingrays weekend....

Loss 1-2 v. Lasers Silver 06
Tie 4-4 v. Ohio Starz
Win 9-0 v. Vipers East
Win 8-0 v. Outlaws (Bracket Play)
Loss 14-2 v. Beverly Bandits (Bracket Play)

Coach Mike

Reaction score
Roadrunners 05 go 6-1@ Stingrays this weekend. We finish our regular season with a 85-18-1 record.
Wins this weekend
Ohio Outlaws 7-0
Kaukauna Ghost (CHAMPS) 8-2
Explosive Blk 10-1
Sun Dogs 9-2
Ohio Rapture 10-3
MV Express 6-2
Loss
Stingrays (Runner Up) 3-2 INT GM
We are heading to Orlando for the Nationals this coming week. Good luck to all teams traveling also, and good luck to Ohio Ice Blue and Stingrays in Orlando as well!

trcyknny7

Reaction score
Kaos 06 played in the WFC Summer Nationals and went 3-4-1 overall with losses to Ohio Valley Pride, NJ Mystics and VA Galaxy. Wins against Cinci Shock, VA Galaxy and Georgia Madness and Tie with Carolina Heat
This was the last tourney of our season and our last tournament ever under the name Kaos 06. We will be moving under the Lasers org as Lasers Teal 06 beginning next season.
Our overall record for spring/summer official games (not counting the friendlies and scrimmages) is 40-12-2. Not bad for our first year of 10u. Excited to see what next year brings with 2/3 of the team able to play 10u again next year.

Last edited:

Ohio Hawks 05

Reaction score
Ohio Rapture went 4-1-1 at the Stingrays tournament over the weekend.

Pool Play
Win vrs Sundogs 3-2
Tie vrs Wizards Elite 1-1
Win vrs Ohio Thunder 14-0
Win vrs Ohio Outlaws 10-2

Bracket
Win vrs Lasers Silver 2-0
Loss vrs Roadrunners 10-3

Hats off to Scott and the Stingrays for running a great event. Rapture has two tournaments remaining in the season with a current overall of 60-21-3.

Our young ladies have played the best in the state week in and week out and I am extremely proud of them. We are a team totally comprised of local athletes and their development from the fall to date is remarkable. 11 of our 21 losses have been to teams currently ranked in the top 5 in the state and 2 other losses have been to the Louisville Sluggers and Indiana LIDS Dreams.

Also, I want to special mention the coaches who are at the top of the 10u division: Coach Mike(Roadrunners), Coach Scott(Stingrays), Coach Jeremy(Lasers) and Coach Eric(Xpress). After playing these teams numerous times you develop good relationships and realize that they are not only great coaches, but more importantly they are excellent people. Best of luck to all teams attending Nationals.

Last edited:

Stingrays 05

Reaction score
Stingrays 05 had some obstacles this past weekend to get through, and very proud of how they came together to make it to the championship!

Pool play

Valley Extreme- L
Indy Shockwaves- W
OFC Heat- W
Ohio Starz- W

Bracket Play

Stingrays 9 vs Sundogs 0- W
Stingrays 3 vs Beverly Bandits 0- W
Stingrays 3 vs Roadrunners 2 - W INT
Stingrays 1 vs Kaukana Ghosts 8- L

We battled our way through some very tough competition to get to the championship. No doubt about it ran out of gas going into the ship game. What a great battle once again against the Roadrunners in Semis. Ended our regular season with a Record of 89-12-2. Good luck to all the Ohio Teams heading to Nationals! Represent Ohio softball well! What a great 10u season it has been!

carper8012

Reaction score
Ohio Lightning Gold went 5-1 in Boardman losing to Fury Vegas I'm the Championship.
W vs Pitt. Lady Bulldogs 16-1
W vs Fury Vegas 13-10
W vs Hot Sox 16-0
W vsStreak-Black 15-0
W vs Pitt. Lady Bulldogs 15-0
L vs Fury Vegas 14-6

1buckeyes

Reaction score
Ohio Classics went 3-3 at Stingrays this weekend with 1 06 pitcher throwing every game. We were in a very tough pool again and hung with some very good teams. We took the Bandits to the last inning tied 6-6 with 2 outs before they had a walk off hit. I am very proud of the strides that this team has made this year. We play at GAAPS and then finish in Pickerington, we played the hardest schedule we could this year with half 05 and half 06 players. Our current record is 53-35-1, I will be happy to see the 05 teams moving up lol

Pool play
Win Ohio Storm
Loss Beverly Bandits
Loss MV Xpress
Win Diamonds

Bracket
Win Valley Extreme
Loss Lasers Blue

Good luck to everyone, it has been great getting to compete against all of the very talented teams this year!

burdick

Reaction score
Miami Valley Xpress 05 went 4-2 at the Stingrays this past weekend. Hats off to the Stingray organization on a very well ran tournament with very talented teams and great coaching staffs.

Pool Play
Beverly Bandits - 6-1 Loss
Ohio Storm - 14-1 Win
Ohio Classics- 11-7 Win
Lasers Blue - 4-3 Win

Bracket Play
Indiana Shockwaves - 6-1 Win
Road Runners - 6-2 Loss

Season Record 47-16-1

Jayd

Reaction score
Fury Fastpitch Vegas went 5-1 winning the Lady Spartans ASA ENQ in Boardman..
Win over Hot Sox 15-0
Lost Ohio Lightning Gold 13-10
Win over Pittsburgh Bulldogs 15-0
Win over Lady Spartans 10-3
Win over Mahoning Valley Flash 6-0
Win over Ohio Lightning Gold 14-6 (ship)

Up next GAPPS then World Series in Columbus
Record 53-8-2

Last edited:

Laser05

Reaction score
Lasers 05
5-2 at Stingrays and tie for 3rd.
Win 14-0 CO Ice 05
Win 12-0 Diamonds 05
WIn 12-0 PA Renegades
Loss 3-4 Express
Win Classics 11-1
Win Starz 05 4-3
Loss Ghosts 3-5

Next up GAPSS!

Record 77-12-1

Lp softball

Reaction score
Lady Pioneers 05 won the championship in the silver bracket at the WFC summer nationals in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Games were as follows:

Pool play
Kentucky Bandits 3-0 loss
Virginia Galaxy 3-2 win
Virginia Crushers 5-2 loss
Bluegrass Force 14-0 loss

Bracket Play
Georgia Madness 14-4 win
Ohio Valley Pride of WV. 8-3 win
South Carolina Fire 8-3 win. Semi
South Carolina Fire 12-1win ship

Next up Marion Nationals.

Softball05dad

Reaction score
Valley Force 05 went undefeated at the Akron Racers Summer Sizzler.
Black widows 8-2 win
Streak 6-2 win
Lightning Blue 8-0 win
Stampede 6-2 win - semis
Lady Lookouts 9-1 win - ship

SunDogs05

Reaction score
SunDogs 10u was at StingRays

Lost to Rapture 3-2
Win over Ohio Thunder 16-2
Loss to Wizards Elite 9-2
Loss to RoadRunners 9-2 held our own up 2-0 thru 4...but we played 6...they are tough

Eliminations
Win over Diamonds 3-1
Loss to eventual runnerup StingRays 9-0

Half our team is 9 so we were thrilled to just be in the mix...What a great weekend for our girls...couldn't be prouder of the way they played

Ron.Rosemeier

Reaction score
Kaos 05 at Lancaster Peoples Bank Shootout:
Pool play: 1-2.
Elimination: 3-0 and won championship, beating all by wide margin.
Have 1 more event, TN world series, starting next weekend.

Candace and I are moving to Classics next season, helping CoachJensen build an all 05 12u team. CoachRonR@OhioClassics.org for next season.

Psjdeuces

Reaction score
Ohio Ice Blue was off last weekend and obviously missed a great Stingray's Tournament. Congrats to all the teams that went there and played a hard line-up of games.

We ended the year with a record of 70-7-1. We certainly had some great wins and some hard losses against the top teams in the state. Roadrunners had our number this year as we went 0-3 against them. Great group of kids and great coaching!!! We didn't get to play a complete game against Stingrays due to rain/lightning in the championship of the Firefighters Memorial in Columbus and we never got a chance to play the Laser's Blue. All but one of our losses came from top 10 teams listed in last weeks poll. They were to Fury Vegas (4-2 record - all games indoors), MV Express (1-1 record) and Wizards Elite was our only tie for the year (1-0-1 - all games indoors). We won a total of 20 games against teams from the top 10 and other teams receiving votes in last weeks poll. It was a great season and we are looking forward to our trip to USSSA Nationals next week. Ohio will do our best to try and bring home the top three spots in Orlando with Road Runners and Stingrays also make this trip. Best to luck to everyone as they finish up their year!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Being this is the final coaches poll of the season I am extending voting till tonight at 11pm. I will post results wed by Noon

Lp softball

Reaction score
Forgot to post yesterday..... Lady Pioneers 05 current record is 56-15-1. Still have Marion Nationals left in two weeks.

Daddy Gurl

Reaction score
With the Kaos 05 and 06 coaches letting people know they will be with Lasers and Classics next fall when will the Big surprise come out? Coach Mike or Coach Jeremy? Heard a lot of rumors over the last 2 weeks.