10U Coaches Poll Week #3 (5-13-19) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank --- Team --- Total Pts

1. Ohio Lasers Orange (5).......................90
2. Ohio Storm '08 (2)..............................84
3. Stingrays '08 (2)..................................74
4. Ohio Wolfpack '08..............................71
5. Ohio Outlaws-williams. (1).................56
6. MOV Pride '08 ault.............................50
7. SGS Magic...........................................37
8. Buckeye Charge '08............................36
9. Southern Ohio Force '08.....................33
10. Beverly Bandits Demarini '09...........20

Others receiving votes:
Ohio Ice Blue (15), Central Ohio Pride (1)

08DDF2

Reaction score
Ranking 10U can be like rolling dice, although those top teams have been performing well. Prior to the outdoor season no one heard of that Outlaws team, they moved up fast and they earned it. Storm and Lasers have had some tough luck lately in tournaments. Wonder if anyone will dethrone the Big Orange Machine.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Outlaws may be losing votes since the 10U are based out of PA, I know they carry the Ohio name, but I believe more than half the team is PA -- not sure anyone can dethrone Orange, but they definitely have that target

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I will say this, I have a lot of respect for Ron Williams and the Outlaws. A very good team and well coached, as are all these teams and coaches. Last weekend was a reminder to all these teams, that on any given weekend, any of these teams can be beat. Not one team came out of the BCS undefeated, as expected, but as with any tournament there has to be a winner. I will defend for our Storm team, since we were mentioned as having tough luck lately. It's not tough luck when we lose a game to any team in these rankings, or any other teams ranked in the top 10 in their State, or Nationally, that's just good softball. Losses don't necessarily indicate how well teams have played or how good they are. Four of the Storm's last six losses have been by 1 run to really good ranked teams, that is not tough luck, that is the competitive nature of the 10U and there has to be a winner. Through these last 6 losses, our team understands that, when they play really good, they can still lose 3 games by 1 run, and when they make mistakes, any of these teams will make you pay for those mistakes. These are 10U teams, that are all very good and you either win or you learn, luck has nothing to do with it. As for the Lasers Orange, they are deserving of their ranking, trying to dethrone them will be a large task for any of these teams.

oiler_pride

Reaction score
For voting Purposes, I consider a team to be an "Ohio" team if they are sanctioned in OHIO with ASA/USA Softball.