10U Coaches Poll Week #5 (5-25-15) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
10U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Monday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.

You can PM me or email me at: steiner22ja@aol.com

Reaction score
Laser 04 Gold finished the weekend at Firefighters Memorial as tournament champions. We played a very good Ohio Storm 04 in the championship. I was completely impressed with the Cincy Slammers 04 who beat the Stingrays in the Quarter finals with multiple ITB innings. It was a great game between two solid teams. Lasers 05 WOW!!!!! that team is something else for a true 9U team! Hats off to the Road Runners as well. They played a great game with the Storm in the semi's but fell just a couple runs short.

Ohio Glory 04 Win 19-0
Viking Elite 04 Win 10-0
Viper 05 Win 16-2
Lasers Blue Win 4-2
Cincy Slammers 04 Win 10-1
Ohio Storm 04 Win 17-9

Bekah24

Reaction score
Ohio Lightning(gold) was off this weekend. Looking forward to some good competition next weekend at Perfect Storm. Congrats on the win Lasers!

shummel

Reaction score
Slammers take 3rd at Firefighters Memorial this weekend:

Pool Play
Won 10-3 vs C.O Lady Vipers
Won 9-0 vs Lancaster Pride
Won 9-3 vs OFC Heat

Bracket
Won 3-2 vs Ohio Dragons
Won 4-2 vs Stingrays 04 (ITB)
Lost 10-1 vs Lasers Gold

The Stingrays 04 game was one of the best 10u games I have seen and I feel lucky to be a part of it. Marc does a great job with a talented group of girls and we look forward to future battles with them. We just couldn't recover from the emotional high of the Stingrays game and Lasers Gold handled us somewhat easily. No excuses though as we are very proud of our showing. Congrats to Lasers as they looked unstoppable vs us and Storm 04. I have to give a shout out to Dragons. We have played them twice and the score has been 3-2 both times. This group of girls are tough. Overall, it was an awesome weekend of softball and now I see what everyone has been saying that 10u is very competitive this year with a lot of quality teams.

Reaction score
Thunder Elite 04 completed a successful weekend at the Firestone Frenzy in Akron. We ended up losing to Valley Force 04 in the championship game, 3-1. Their stud pitcher shut us down...hats off to her. Our game results are below.

Pool:
TE04 over Pittsburgh Bandits
TE04 loss to Valley Force 04
TE04 over Ohio Blast

Elimination:
TE04 over Lady Lookouts
TE04 over Sundogs 04 (7-6 in 2 ITB innings...awesome game!)
TE04 loss to Valley Force 04 (championship game 3-1)

We will next be in action this weekend at the Perfect Storm tournament. Here is a link to the pool play schedule of all age groups.

http://www.thunderelitefastpitch.com/images/2015_Perfect_Storm_Pool_Play.pdf

Good luck to all 10u teams!

Last edited:

IceMom00

Reaction score
SunDogs were at Firestone Frenzy in Akron.

13-1 over Willoughby Starzz
16-0 over Lady Lookouts
10-2 over Ohio Lightning Blue
8-7 over Ohio Blast (down 7-4 in last inning and pulled off the comeback)
6-7 loss to Thunder Elite in semis (2 inning ITB - fantastic game for both teams - game could have gone either way)

Looking forward to the competition at Perfect Storm this weekend. 4 of the top 10 teams will be playing - SunDogs, Jackson Royals, Thunder Elite & Ohio Lightning Gold.

Laser05

Reaction score
Lasers 05 was at the Memorial Firefighters.

Pool
Win 17-0 against Xpress
Win 10-2 against Buckeye Elite 04 (WHo won silver division over Vipers 04 7-2)
Loss against Roadrunners 7-5

Championship Day
Win Against Michigan Pride 04 7-3
Loss Against Lasers Gold 4-2 (who went on to win the tournament against Storm 04)

We are at Dayton Metro next.

Congrats to Lasers Gold who are a very solid team top to bottom. Michigan Pride was a very solid team and a great win for my girls, and hats off to the Roadrunners for being an aggressive hitting team.

Last edited:

Rose

Reaction score
Jackson Royals were off this weekend. We play at Perfect Storm starting Friday.

Coach Mike

Reaction score
Roadrunners went 5-1 and finished in 4th place this weekend @ the firefighters.. Our wins was
3-1 over Buckeye Elite
20-1 over Miami Valley Exp
9-5 over Lasers Blue 05
8-2 over Ofc Heat
5-4 over Starz 04
And lost 8-4 over the runner up Storm 04.. Congrats to the 04 Lasers team on another fine championship run and like there coach said above in his post do not take that 05 lasers Blue team lightly cause they are a VERY GOOD 05 team.

Reaction score
Ohio Stingrays 04 results from the Firefighters Memorial.

Pool Play
10-0 over Lancaster Kaos 04. Jeff has a good team and they are fun to watch!
8-6 over Ohio Dragons 04. This team hits the ball very well and will surprise many teams this year.
12-0 over Ohio Starz 05. Travis has done great things with this young team, they will be another one of the strong 10U teams next year.

Bracket Play
Lost 4-2 to Cincy Slammers (multiple ITB innings). All I can say is there is nothing to be ashamed of when losing to the Slammers. This was the most exciting game we have played all year. The Slammers have outstanding coaching, amazing young ladies and first class parents. Can't say enough for the things Scott is doing for this team and the lives of these young ladies. Keep up the good work!

Congrats to Lasers Gold for a very well played weekend. We are off this weekend but will be back in action at Dayton Metro.

ICE04

Reaction score
First of all, thank you to Laser 04 Coach Mike and Rose for the nice compliments last week about the Ohio ICE Orange. Both of these teams are very talented and very well coached. Last weekend, we played some great games with good teams and this weekend we played great ball to win the Maple Leaf East Gold Championship. This team has grown tremendously in the past few weeks due to their hard training and commitment. We will have this following weekend off and our next tournament will be the Dayton Metro.

Pool Play

Tie with Ohio Hurricanes
Win over NEO Freeze
Win over Valley Force05 (this will be a team to watch later in the season as well as next season)

Bracket Play

Win over Cobras
Win over WV Diamond Express (very nice pitcher and well coached team)
Win over Ohio Hurricanes (7 innings in Gold Bracket for the Championship)

The Liberal Lion

Reaction score
First of all, thank you to Laser 04 Coach Mike and Rose for the nice compliments last week about the Ohio ICE Orange. Both of these teams are very talented and very well coached. Last weekend, we played some great games with good teams and this weekend we played great ball to win the Maple Leaf East Gold Championship. This team has grown tremendously in the past few weeks due to their hard training and commitment. We will have this following weekend off and our next tournament will be the Dayton Metro.

Pool Play

Tie with Ohio Hurricanes
Win over NEO Freeze
Win over Valley Force05 (this will be a team to watch later in the season as well as next season)

Bracket Play

Win over Cobras
Win over WV Diamond Express (very nice pitcher and well coached team)
Win over Ohio Hurricanes (7 innings in Gold Bracket for the Championship)
Ice04, I must say I have had two opportunities to see Ice Orange in action, last week at The Breast Cancer Shootout (you played on an adjacent field) and also this week at The Maple Leaf and that is one well coached and hard playing group of 10u girls. Congratulations on winning that tournament there were some very talented teams there and I agree with your assessments of The VF05 as well as that of The WV Diamonds pitcher, that girl was really bringing it!

canes7

Reaction score
Ohio Hurricanes came in second in the Maple Leaf losing to Ice Orange in the gold championship.
pool play
tie with ice orange
win over valley force 05 (agree with above comments. def a team to watch out for later in the season and next season. Great coaches and great group of girls.
win over NEO Freeze

Bracket Play
Win over Explosive Black
Win over Valley Force 05
lost to Ice orange 7-3 in the championship.

Next week we are in action at the valley extreme summer starter

Ohiostarz04

Reaction score
.......Ohio Starz 04......
win over Mason Thunder
win over Athens Swat
win over Stingrays 05
lost to Road Runners
Disappointing weekend for us, just can't get a clean game from our team right now. So as coaches we have to see what we can do to fix our problems. We have a great group of girls that work their tails off. So there is no doubt in my mind these girls will be back in that circle at the end of the day on Sunday's collecting some hardware.
Congrats to the Lasers...

Last edited:

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Due to the Holiday, I will give coaches till 9:30am to get me their Top Ten!

mpwolfe2

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. We really enjoyed competing against your girls. They played hard. They really ran the bases well and capitalized on opportunities. Well disciplined team with very few mistakes. Have a great season.