4Ohio Classics56
5Ohio ICE54
6Thunder Elite53
7Ohio Hawks49
8Diamond Chix22
9Valley Extreme18
10Westerville Warcats14

Others receiving votes
Ohio Dragons (13), Lasers Purple (13), Stingrays (11), Wizards (7), Ohio Jaguars (7), Strasburg Tigers (3), Perry Xtreme (2), Ohio Fire (1), Miamisburg Sting (1), Diamond Dogs (1), Valley Force (1),

I am curious about the North Coast Spirit team.

Have they ever played HOO Nitro or Lasers? They obviously have a good team based on there performance in Toledo last weekend and there march up through the rankings. Can someone give me some background and what makes them one of the top three 10U teams in the state and worthy of a first place vote?

I don't have a dd in this age group, I am just interested.

Mike Wilson
Lasers Black 12U

We have played them few times and I know the Ice has played them. They have solid pitching and very respectable bats all throughout their line up. They and the Nitro are the two best hitting teams we have seen. They both hit the ball very hard. Have not seen the Lasers, Classics, Hawks or Warcats but know they are worthy of their rankings. Also have played the Ice a bunch of times and they should remain in the mix as well. Have watched the Thunder Elite and they also are worthy of their rankings. But I believe Spirit is as good as their ranking. We played them a few weeks ago for the Championship and they wooped us 12-0. We also have played the Extreme and Diamond Chicks, very good programs. I think the rankings are correct. It would be kinda cool to see an OFC Top Ten or Eight tournament.

10u Diamond Dogs

Thanks deer. It sounds like all of those teams are very talented.

Hats off to Ringer for running these polls. At the younger ages, the polls are encouraging teams to want to play outside of their communities and/or regions and to seek out the best competition. --- Its good for the girls and its good for Ohio softball - Thanks Ringer.

Ageed... I am disappointed that the Lasers and Nitro will not be playing in Greenville next weekend - we were looking forward to matching up against them...

I actually heard the Nitro are playing in Greenville next weekend but they are playing up at 12U

It appears that the Lasers and NC Spirit will get to play each other next weekend at Uncle Stans. Would like to see that one. We will be playing in Toledo.

Jeff
10u Thunder Elite

I've seen all three (Nitro, Lasers and Spirit) play and I would put a line on this game but I only bet on 12 year olds and up.

Indeed the HoO Nitro is playing at Greenville. They are trying what many other teams are by playing up to get them ready for Nationals and the move to 12U next year.