12U 2012 Pre season Poll

With the Fall season now coming to a conclusion, who are the top '99 & '00 teams going into the 2012 season? Here are some teams that should be considered in particular order.
Diamond Chix Gold 99
Lasers Purple
Stingrays 99
Grand Slam
Ohio Dragons
Ohio Ice Orange
Lasers Platnium
HOH Rebels
Wizards
Thunder Elite 00
Classics 99

I am not disputing any of your picks, but I do have a question...

Is Lasers Platinum a first year team?

Also, I know the Grand Slam team that won Dayton moves up to 14u this year, so this is a new 12u team.

I've never seen the Wizards play, though I've heard they're pretty good. And I've never seen HOH Rebels, but the rest of the list looks pretty solid to me.

Ohio Hawks Kepple will be a tough team in this group, a long with the Cincy Static 99 team. Both teams are very good and well coached.

Need to add this disclaimer.
This is for entertainment purposes only. :D

All good teams but it's the ones that you don't know about that will come up and bite you. Is it May yet?

The great thing is how many 'really good teams' our state of Ohio produces each year

Kepple's team needs to be near the top. We are a new team for this year. However we have pieces from some of the teams on this list. I appreciate our team being mentioned and hope to live up to it with hard work this fall/winter/spring.

Pat
Heart of Ohio Rebels

First off...thanks for putting us on the list !

Just from my experience last year as an 11U team, it's very difficult to make the top 10 list. We went to a lot of the big tournaments and did our fair share of winning the small ones. Along with the Lasers purple and the Dragons. I think all 3 of us made the list once or twice at the bottom...but with the difference to on all 11U team to an all 12U team can be huge.

If an 11U team can atleast get to some championships and compete well with the true 12U teams...then they should have a chance at the list...

Just my opinion....
Brent
Diamond Chix 99 Gold

I know we played Lasers Purple a few times last year and they always played us tough never took an inning off. I never got to see to many of the others mentioned play besides the Dragons and Kepple Hawks and Static99. All three of them will win quite a few games next year as well as Purple. Also any Wizards team you see do not discount them they are probably one of the most underrated organizations in the entire state of Ohio.

Grand Slam does not have a 12u team.
Is there 2 Ohio Ice 12u teams this year?

Lets see how many of these teams play indoor during the winter and if so will this list stays the same afte?

I was under the impression that Ohio Ice (Weidrick) was no longer.

Chris Scali is Ohio Ice 99 coach. They will be a very strong 12u team.

Ohio Hawks Kepple will be a tough team in this group, a long with the Cincy Static 99 team. Both teams are very good and well coached.

Love, Kep as a coach and I love his team. Very deserving of being in the top 10.
Would love to see Static 99 in more tournaments up North so I can see them against some of the others mentioned. Very athletic team.

Love, Kep as a coach and I love his team. Very deserving of being in the top 10.
Would love to see Static 99 in more tournaments up North so I can see them against some of the others mentioned. Very athletic team.

I liked Kepple as a coach at 10u, and there is no doubt he had a very strong team. But I didn't see much out of the team at 11u, nor have I seen anything from the fall. Other teams on the list for the top 10 spots in 12u produced more wins last year and in the fall. So my question- what criteria are you using to make decisions about who should be considered the top 10 teams?

I did hear he was not asked back. But I swear I heard something about Weidrick as well. Of course, I could be having a middle aged moment...lol.

I would be shocked Rich is great coach and good person