4Valley Extreme (1)50
5Miami Valley Express 44
6Cincy Doom - 9328
7Akron Sapphires25
8Lasers Red23
9Lasers White19
10Ohio Wave (Rosinski) ? ? 16

Others receiving votes
Ohio Blaze (9), NWO-Lady Irish (8), Buckeye Heat - 94 (7), Ohio Blast (3), Cincy Doom - 94 (3), Ohio Wave (Fletcher) (3), HOO Explosion (3), Buckeye Heat - 93 (3), Stingrays - Seeds (1), Mid-Ohio Thunder (1)

I want to encourage all "poll voters" to read the 14U tournament results ?before casting your votes. ?My team finished ahead of the HoH Explosion in this weeks polls and that should not have happened. ?If you would have checked the 14U tournament results you would have notice that this past weekend, the HoH Explosion spanked us (for now, ?BTW ?;)) and I voted them way up the ladder - moreso than where they finished and they deserved a higher rating that what they got. They are that good.

When you read the tournament results, try to decipher what you see. What information is made available. What information is offered and what is missing? Do you get all of the scores that are available? or are there some "gaps"?. I do not get any particular highs or lows from "polls". It is a fun exercise, nothing more and nothing less, but I do notice when "scores" are missing.

Hey, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and the HoH Explosion deserve it. I do not have ?any false pride. ?I appreciate the good teams when I see them. Playing those teams make our team better.

It is way too early to tell in this age group. Many teams still have key players who are with their high school teams. If you only go by the results posted on this forum you may not have the whole story. Two teams may look equal today but when one of those teams get three players back that are playing on their varsity team then the match-up may not be that close at all.

As mentioned by many others these polls are fun for the most part but there will never be a way to really know who is best because they will likely not all see eachother over the course of the season.

Best of luck this season to all of the teams in the 14U age group this season. There is plenty of solid match-ups to be had every single weekend.

Ah come on chosenone. These polls have to be 100% correct don't they? After all, they use them for D1 football and they never get it wrong!!!!!!! ::).

BTW, Are there any potential "Top 10" matchups anywhere this weekend?

The Shelia Kitchen Memorial in Marysville should be a good one. Buckeye Heat 94, ?Lasers Red, Classics Black ,Hoo Explosion, Hoo Force, Mid Ohio Thunder, Doom 95, Stingrays Canton, Mov Flaming Fury, Akron Sapphires. 17 quality teams in the 14u

That looks like a great group of 14U teams. I wish that we were there. :(

Can't wait to hear about the Heart tourney this weekend should be some great games !!!!

THe Gahanna Blue team is a VERY good team. I witnessed them at GAPS last year, and they were good.They beat Lasers Orange last year at GAPS, and were competitive.
They haven't missed a beat, and out slugged a competitive MidOhioBullets team.
They could be a top team in 14u this year with good hitting, disciplined defense, and good team speed.
They have power and gap hitters. Another impressive thing is there pitching seems to be up there with the elite teams in 14u Ohio. :eek: This is what puts the top teams in the running.
Don't overlook them.

MOV Flaming Fury has popped up on the radar by winning the Marysville Memorial Tournament, beating Lasers Red in the championship game.

Reading the pool results, it looks like HOO Force lost to both Lasers Red and Flaming Fury.

Lasers Red eliminated HOO Force in the semi-final game, and lost to Flaming Fury in the championship game.

I would say the Kaos looked good... but lime green and fuchsia uniforms. Lets just say they played really well. ;D