4Lasers - Red (1)41
5Stingrays (Seeds)35
6Valley Extreme (Kieser) ? ? ? 23
7Cincy Doom - 9320
7Miami Valley Express 20
9HOH Force18
10MOV - Flamin' Fury13
Others receiving votes
Akron Sapphires (11), Ohio Sharks (9), Ohio Wave (Rosinski) ?(5), Breakers Gold (5), Miami County Blaze - Gold (4), Extreme Fastpitch (4), Mad Dogs (3), Cincy Storm (3), Gahanna (2), Buckeye Heat - 93 (2), valleystorm (2), Ohio Dragons (1), Wizards - Gold (1), Ohio heat ?(1),

I'm confused by the silly results of these pools. The top line says that fist place votes are in ( ). The team that is in the 20th position has (1) vote. Are you saying that you are only using the opinions of 7 voters or is that all the voters there are?

they have one point, which means someone gave them a 10th place vote. If they have 2 points, it means someone gave them a 9th place vote or two people gave them 10th place votes. All the teams in the "others recieving votes" section have their point total in ( ). Only the top 10 teams will have 1st place votes in ( ). That should be clear as mud ;)

4 + 2 + 1 = 7. Yep seven coaches this week. If you want to represent the Sudden Death, by all means join the party. We all know these polls are just for our amusement and the real results are determined on the field. HOWEVER, even if these polls only redeming quality is to raise your awareness of fastpitch around the state then thats good enough for me. I must admit, I check out the results much more than I ever did and I know who's doing what and how they are playing.

I agree with raising awareness around the state. I just thought that there would be more than 7 coaches casting votes. I think its great that you take the time to take the poll. I just wish more coaches from the southern part of the state participated. Cincy Storm has an awesome team and only 3 points. They have 3 of the best pitchers in the Cincy area on their team and they are 14U. Watch the Cincy Storm closely because they play alot of games out of state.

I made the point in another thread that the 14U Cincy Storm is the best 14U team that we have seen in Ohio so far. Their pitching staff is excellent and they have the offense to pressure most other staffs. They have to be factored in the top 10 somewhere for sure. They would finish in the top 3 of many 16U tournaments around the state.

IMHO - After matching up against the Lasers Red and the MOV Flamin Fury in back-to-back weekends, I would rank the Flamin Fury ahead of the Lasers Red. Don't get offended anyone, both are very good teams.

^^^ I'm sure if they place in the top 4 in any one of the upcoming tournaments such as Compuware, Stingrays, GAPPS, Sluggerfest, ASA States or NSA States they will crack the top ten. Also if they beat a couple of current top ten teams in any other tourney, that should also give them recognition for top ten honors.

I try to weigh the entire season up to date when I consider if a team is one of the best, and not just if they play 1 other top team and win...JMHO...lol.

Coop...Leaving bright and...make that dark and early Friday morning around 3:00am. We have games at 8:00, 3:30 and 8:00 on Friday. Looks to be a long day...lol.

I think I may have made my first error of the tourney. I beleive our games are 9:30, 3:30 and 9:30 Friday. Anyway look forward to seeing you and little Coop up in West Detroit...lol.

Bink44 said:
I think I may have made my first error of the tourney. I beleive our games are 9:30, 3:30 and 9:30 Friday. Anyway look forward to seeing you and little Coop up in West Detroit...lol.

This will be a first.................a good ole boy running loose in the Detroit area! :D
Better loose that southern twang for the weekend Lee! If you run into the Ohio Emerald Black team up there, watch out for their score keeper,ole A-Train is a mean Yankee. LOL.

Good luck to your girls Bink and to you Coop24! Bring home some hardware from that 'state up North'.

coop24 said:
WOW, long day. Hope to see you and DD there.

If I read the pool right, that's the schedule for the entire 14u bracket. I know it's our schedule up there. ;)

Just curious..... out of the 7 coaches that voted, how many of their teams recieved votes?

Only 3 of the voting coaches this week had teams in the top 10. The coaches for the top three teams did not vote this week. I have 19 different coaches on the list who have voted in the past. They'll vote one week then forget then vote the next. There is hardly any homering going on with the "top" teams. It's down around the 9 or 10 spots where the hot team of the week gets their votes.