18u Final Coaches' Poll

I couldn't find an 18u final poll thread but assume that several 18u elite teams/organizations exist.

Who are some of the 18u elite teams/organizatons returning for the 2010 season?

In no particular order.

Wolfpack Black
Wolfpack Wolff
Lasers Aqua/Blue?
SGS Magic White
MV Express Gold
Stingrays Marcum
Ice-Poole
SunDogs

and will add newcomer Lasers Gold Team Akadema and Nightmare Gold to the list

I hear there will be 7 Gold teams in Ohio this summer.

1-MVX
2-Ohio Ice
3-Lasers

Not sure of the rest?

I thought that there were only four gold teams this year:

MV Xpress
Ice -Poole
Lasers Akadema
Nightmare

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have noticed that some of the larger showcase tournaments say on their websites that no college players are allowed.
How will that affect the 18U division?

i have nothing to do with this thread i coach 12u i just wanted to say to all you involved in 18u i admire you it is funny on ofc you read posts from 10 u 12u 14u and people are always bickering you look at 16u and 18u and they barely even post they have been through it so much that they dont even get excited till it is time to play they dont worry about all the other hooplah

jasbo77~ You have just said it all~ If you can survive coaching at the 10, 12, & 14u level then as a coach you can survive anything.

i have nothing to do with this thread i coach 12u i just wanted to say to all you involved in 18u i admire you it is funny on ofc you read posts from 10 u 12u 14u and people are always bickering you look at 16u and 18u and they barely even post they have been through it so much that they dont even get excited till it is time to play they dont worry about all the other hooplah

Thats because at 18u theres so few left its hard to find somone to argue with :lmao:

There is so much truth to that...lol. We are too busy trying to keep the players that have committed to us in August from getting recruited away by other orgs over the winter...this seems like a full time job sometimes as our players are scattered across the map! Were even busier applying for the best college exposure events for our players to showcase their skills. This means making sure players GPA's, ACT's and SAT's are what they need to be to give our players the best opportunity to be "recruited" by these colleges. There is so much at stake at 18U as so many girls are depending on eachother for their own success. If just one pitcher leaves or gets recruited away at this level of play then all of the hopes and aspirations of the entire team can be put into jeopardy. Not to mention the finances and reputations of the organizations that are on the line as the most prestigious events are not only nearly impossible to get accepted into but are very expensive as well. Their entry fees must be paid up to nine months in advance and are non refundable...is why the word commitment must mean something to these players, parents and coaches...all of us at 18U should respect that and not open the door up to these players. It only serves to hurt the integrity of Ohio fastpitch when we do. It only takes one bad performance to not get invited back to one of these prestigious events and according to one of these events T.D.'s they will not invite back teams that recruit away players from other teams in their event as it impacts the entire event.

Coach Sonny
Cincy Static 18U

well my hats off to all of you and lord grant me strength enough to make it that far with dd lol

another thing is how much emphasis at 18u is on winning or is it more college exposure or some of boyh and being 12u coach if anyone is willing to let me i would love to come observe an 18u practice could just watch or even shag balls if you needed it just curious as to how the veterans handle these things and seeing the difference.not that you all are old or anything just seasoned in the beast of fastpitch that i am so dilegently working to get better at

another thing is how much emphasis at 18u is on winning or is it more college exposure or some of boyh and being 12u coach if anyone is willing to let me i would love to come observe an 18u practice could just watch or even shag balls if you needed it just curious as to how the veterans handle these things and seeing the difference.not that you all are old or anything just seasoned in the beast of fastpitch that i am so dilegently working to get better at

It is funny how important winning was to me and all of my players when they were younger. My DD has plenty of hardware from those younger days when that was the focus. Now for our 16U/18U players the emphasis has shifted to playing against the best teams from all over the country at the events that will attract the most college coaches. Sure, we want to win every game we play and try like heck to do so but the ultimate goal for us is player exposure at this point. We played teams representing sixteen different states last year in front of hundreds of college coaches. We competed well but it was the exposure that was our payoff...I cant believe how many parents and players miss the ball on this one!

Coach Sonny

Winning is'nt everything but exposure speaks for itself. My oldest dd is getting ready for that ride as she is now 16.

Winning is'nt everything but exposure speaks for itself. My oldest dd is getting ready for that ride as she is now 16.

It will be a great ride...Good luck!!! Just make sure that your daughter is considering her major and narrowing down her college choices. She should start e-mailing those coaches on a regular basis to let them know how she is doing and to invite them to come out to watch her play. Make sure that she understands that these coaches are looking at three things in a potential recruit...Attitude, Academics and Athleticism...pretty much in that order too. The better her GPA and ACT's or SAT's are the more scholarship money she could garner. As parents we want to do as much as we can for our kids but as a coach they want to see the player making the effort. Make sure you plan to attend their camps and plan some unofficial visits. One thing that I have learned through the ride my own daughter has taken me on is that it is never too soon to get the ball rolling...but it can get to be too late if you dont focus early!

Coach Sonny

My dd's team had four college players two @ U of M one at Eastern and one at Miami - I believe in the long run this rule will help our teams I just wish they would have given us a years noticed.