2014 10U Preason Polls

Who are the top 10 10U teams out there for next season? There has been several fall tournaments going on and I have seen some good teams. What's everyone's thoughts.....Here are a few that I have noticed playing some good games

Storm 03
Vikings Elite
Ohio Startz 03
Diamonds 04
Lady Vipers

At this age group I would think it is too early to tell. Some of these kids will be way better come summer time. I am sure there a few experienced teams but things change quite a bit over the winter.

At this age group I would think it is too early to tell. Some of these kids will be way better come summer time. I am sure there a few experienced teams but things change quite a bit over the winter.

That is why the Heading is Pre-season poll..................Who do you think is at the top now???
I'm sure those teams mentioned now are gonna all be a lot better in the Spring, too.....

Two teams that have stood out so far this Fall are the Lady Vipers and OFC Heat. Both very solid squads that are well coached.

That is why the Heading is Pre-season poll..................Who do you think is at the top now???
I'm sure those teams mentioned now are gonna all be a lot better in the Spring, too.....

The post read "Who are the top 10 10U teams out there for next season?". I gave an opinion............... Who is on your list?

The post read "Who are the top 10 10U teams out there for next season?". I gave an opinion............... Who is on your list?

You gave an opinion, but did not name at teams at all...........
I ran a tourney yesterday & that was my only look at 10U so far this fall. So with that limited exposure, I would not comment - only did cause of your response.....

I will say that the Vipers & OFC Heat really looked good in the finals yesterday.......

So if you are following that group - Give us your opinion of teams you have actually seen.

You gave an opinion, but did not name at teams at all...........
I ran a tourney yesterday & that was my only look at 10U so far this fall. So with that limited exposure, I would not comment - only did cause of your response.....

I will say that the Vipers & OFC Heat really looked good in the finals yesterday.......

So if you are following that group - Give us your opinion of teams you have actually seen.

My opinion is that it is way too early to tell. A few local fall tournaments is hardly enough to go by. I assume Lasers, Ice and the Storm team will be pretty good this year. We are hoping our Sundogs team will compete well but playing 1 tourney I have no clue how good we really are. Last year after the top 3 or 4 it was a **** shoot.

I agree with CarMad....I thought the same thing when I saw the 12u thread it is way to early to really start thinking about this now. Some teams will have people that leave as they are unhappy, injuries take place, kids do not jell like a coach thought they might. Just to many variables right now to worry about it.

I think a big deal is made of nothing, of course lots can change between now and next summer but so what. It's just a post about people's opinions, nothing wrong with that. Just some info on teams that have been watched in the fall and how people feel about them. Relax, have fun.

I don't get this Poll stuff for 10U??? But that is just me. I Coach 10U now, and I played D1 college baseball so I am totally all for competition, but I see no need for worrying about which team is number one in the fall. All I care about is how much I can improve every girl I coach for the next step she takes in fastpitch. I see the competitive drive to want to be the top team, and trust me I am as competitive as the next guy. I just don't see the need for this at 10U, and honeslty it will probably change many times over the summer at this age. I have a young team this year and in next season or two we will be a very strong team but I still will only be concerned with how much my girls learn and grow so they can be better for the next level they play.

Best of luck to all the teams and I am sure there are some great 10U teams out there and I look forward to seeing them play and learning from other's coaching styles.

Coach Ferguson

ri_domination, I agree with you about this being made too much of. I wasn't trying to offend anyone! I just thought it was a bit early. As much as things change at this age I do think at the travel level teams want to win and be on top. Being mentioned in a poll is an honor. We are all poll watchers to some degree! I also like what HawksFerguson said about development of his players and he is right. Again, I only stated that I thought it was a bit premature. Good luck to all!

I'm all for competition and am fine if people want to talk about who some of the better teams are in the younger age groups, but the whole idea of adults ranking teams of children 9-12 years old always seemed silly to me ... but to each their own ... just my opinion ...

Partly the reason, to me, that this is way way premature is that no one has seen enough of the tens play yet to form an opinion. I base this on three obvious top teams left off the list. Stingrays, Lasers, and SunDogs.

i personally watched a championship game between SunDogs and Stingrays a few weekends ago. If these two teams aren't in your top two, then you haven't seen them play yet. Which is my point... They are both top teams, top pitching, and have great coaching. With the merge of Keystone Wildcats and SunDogs... They are an obvious top pick.

i also watched a championship game with the Wizards and Storm. The Wizards are going to be up there in polls to. They are a good solid team, that will only be better by spring.

Out Laws and Wolfpack are two more that I have watched play. With Tom (Out Laws) at the helm.. Veteran of all veterans in this sport.. They will definitely make some noise come spring. As will Josh with his Wolfpack. In one weekend they transformed from a rough go on Saturday to a strong late finish on Sunday.

Diamonds 04.. Good, solid, 9U team with great coaching. They are really good and will catch most 10U's off guard. They almost knocked Storm 03 out a couple times now and I believe they beat up on the Starz pretty good too. Based on that, why are the Starz on the list?

Haven't seen the lasers play personally or Vipers. But I will add the rumor mill doesn't hold high impressions of either.

I believe to hold a "poll" like this, This early, if you choose to list teams then your research and knowledge needs to be there to back it up.

Way to many teams being left off this. And some included, that I saw play, that will never be (my opinion) in the top ten..

As a parent of a starz player I dont appreciate 98fastpitch bashing her team when you havent even seen them play. Have you ever heard of a off game they are 10 year olds. I willl say the starz team has some talent give them a couple months of indoor and they will be very deserving to be in the top ten. As far as Vipers go they are a very talented team so dont bash what you havent seen!

Another thing r saying daimonds 04 beat us or storm03 cause daimonds 04 lost to starz 03 at Halloween bash and storm 03 did beat us in championship game 3-0.

One more fact is the vipers beat the storm 03 in lancaster pitch for a cure and beat vikings elite in the championship game.

The diamonds 04 team at the bash is not 04 diamonds (slob) team from Lancaster that battled the storm twice.

What I meant was there is two diamonds 04 teams (slob) and ( Waddell)