2021- 10U & 12U Coaches Polls

Status
Not open for further replies.

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Welcome to the 2021 10u and 12u coaches polls. This is the 12th consecutive year I have run these polls. I started running these polls when my dd was at 9u and now she is a junior playing in college. I have seen most all there is to see in the travel ball world as a coach. From winning ASA Easterns twice at 10u to the Triple Crown and PGF National Championship at 16U. I have a strong passion for the 10u and 12u divisions as they were the most fun for me as a dad and a coach. Here is how I will run things this year.

*1 Pre Season Poll, which will be held the week of March 1st. I will put out a post asking for votes.
*Regular Season weekly polls will follow starting the week after the April 25th weekend. Votes should be sent to me by either PM or Email. jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com Coaches that have my number can text me their votes also.
*This is a Coaches Poll for OHIO teams only, with only coaches or a designated person being allowed to vote. For the purposes of these polls, an Ohio team is one who is sanctioned in Ohio as a resident team. Sending me a copy of your ASA-USA sanction card is proof enough if teams challenges where a team is from. It does not matter if the team has multiple players from other states.
*Each team is only allowed 1 representative (Coach) from their team to cast a vote on behalf of their team. SO get on the same page with your coaching staff so I am not getting multiple coaches from the same team trying to vote.

* Send to me in a #1 - #10 format looking like this:
1. Big City Bombers
2. Small Town Snails
10. Southside Slappers
You get the idea..... You must submit 10 teams. If you submit anything less than 10 teams I will not count your votes for that week.
*I will assign pts as follows: #1 = 10pts, #2 = 9pts, etc down to #10 = 1pt
*Make sure you put your name and what team you are representing when sending your vote. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANONYMOUS VOTES!!
* Feel free to include some commentary on opposing teams. I appreciate getting info on the teams from around the state.
* I will keep the voting completely confidential. I do not discuss what coaches voted for who.
* Over the years, I have had a few coaches that have had agendas in their voting style from week to week, but for the most part, I get honest opinions of how teams are ranked. I occasionally ask questions as well to coaches that I see are intentionally leaving out a certain team or has an axe to grind.
* Votes will be needed to be sent in by Tuesday at midnight to assure your vote is counted in the weekly poll. I will try to always post results by noon on Wednesday. ( I do travel quite a bit for my job so sometimes I am a bit late but never more than a day.
* In the past I have been told that "Only the big organizations get voted for and how can a local team get recognized?" If your team is good enough to show well at bigger tournaments and continues to play good competition, you will get noticed in the polls.

I will put a "call out post" for votes on Monday March 1st for both 10u and 12u.
Good Luck to all teams in 2021!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.