***BUCKEYE HEAT TRYOUTS***

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
The Buckeye Heat Fastpitch organization has been an active member of the fastpitch community since its founding in 1998 as the Worthington Heat. From a one team organization, we have grown over the years to support teams at every age group from 10U through 23U/18O. Our teams are based out of Central Ohio, but compete at venues throughout the state and nation. We believe that serious competitive fastpitch should be fun as well as educational, and try to select girls, families, and coaches that share that belief.

The following coaches are in place for 2020...
9U '10 Kristin Jarvis kristin.gill.10@gmail.com
10U '09 Travis Lilly travis_lilly3@yahoo.com
14U ' 05 Rick Ferguson rferguson1515@gmail.com
15U '04 Tim Villies (Central Ohio) tvillies@ups.com
15U '04 Terry Sheets (NE Ohio) trrysheets@gmail.com
17U '02 Chad Lees leeschad@yahoo.com
18U '01 Nick Gill thegills1991@gmail.com

We are currently looking for qualified coaches or teams looking for an organization at the following levels...
8U
11U '08
12U '07
13U '06
16U '03

More info on Tryouts to follow in this thread!!!

Shayne Yeater
President Buckeye Heat Fastpitch
ksy2268@aol.com

https://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=buckeyeheatfastpitch

https://www.facebook.com/buckeyeheatfastpich/

Last edited:

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
9U '10
Coach Kristin Jarvis kristin.gill.10@gmail.com

Hello, my name is Kristin (Gill) Jarvis and I will be the new head coach of the 2010 9u Buckeye Heat travel team for the summer of 2020. I have been in the travel circuit since I played at 10 years old with the last 8 years being spent as the Assistant/Pitching Coach of the Buckeye Heat ‘01 team who my father, Nick Gill, was the head coach. The past two years, I have been the volunteer Pitching Coach at Teays Valley High School and am looking forward to a third high school season this spring. I also work part-time as a Softball Instructor at Bo Jackson Elite Sports Dome where I give lessons on pitching, hitting, and fielding.
I played 4 years of collegiate softball at Muskingum University where I was a starting pitcher for 4 years. While at Muskingum, my team and I won a regular season and league tournament championship and played in the NCAA tournament where we were regional runners up. Before college, I went to Teays Valley High school where I was a 3 sport varsity athlete in softball, volleyball, and basketball. In high school softball, I was the starting varsity pitcher for 2 years where we were MSL champions, District champions, and made it to the regional games at Ohio State. I was also awarded MSL Honorable Mention my junior year. I am looking forward to having my own team and to getting to pass on what I have learned and gained from my previous coaches to the newest generation of girls who share the same love for softball as I have!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me!!!

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
10U '09

Coach Travis Lilly travis_lilly3@yahoo.com

Tryouts for the 2019/2020 season
Looking for quality athletes who are dedicated to the sport of softball and want to play at a higher level and enhance their skills.
Must be a 2009 or 2010 birthday

August 3rd @ 10am pitchers and catchers/ 11am all positions
August 6th @ 6pm pitchers and catchers/ 7pm all positions
August 10th @ 10am pitchers and catchers/11am all positions
August 11th @ 2pm pitchers and catchers/ 3pm all positions

*Pitchers must provide someone to catch for them*
*Catchers must provide there own catcher equipment *
If a private tryout is need or any questions
Contact Travis Lilly

Tryouts are held in
Johnsville Ohio
7478 Co Rd 242, Bellville, OH 44813

Last edited:

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
15U '04 (Central Ohio)

Coach Tim Villies tvillies@ups.com

2019/2020 Tryout Information:
Coach Tim Villies and Coach Tony Bryant invite you to attend Buckeye Heat 04 Villies Tryouts.

We are returning a solid core group of players. This team will play a strong PGF, USA and Showcase schedule.

Tryout Location:
Pickerington Central High School, 300 Opportunity Way, Pickerington, OH 43147

Dates and Times:
Thursday August 1, 545 p.m. for Pitchers and Catchers and 630 p.m for all other players.

Saturday August 3, 10 a.m. for Pitchers and Catchers and 1045 AM a.m. for all other players.

Tryout Location:
Groveport Rec Center, 7370 Groveport Rd., Groveport, OH 43125

Date and Time:
Tuesday July 30, 545 p.m. for Pitchers and Catchers and 630 p.m. for all other players.

Sunday August 4, 10a.m. for Pitchers and Catchers and 1045 a.m. for all other players.

Text Coach Villies with questions at 614-738-2260.

About us:
One of Ohio's premier organizations is looking for serious players wanting to play at the next level. We are an 04, 16U team planning to play a showcase schedule including PGF and USA Select Tournaments.

Our current core of girls are experienced, hardworking and results oriented.

We offer experienced coaches who have been through the process and have helped their own daughters achieve their college goals. We know what it takes and how to get there. We understand the recruiting process and can help your daughter achieve her goals. We have college players who will serve as part time assistants and we will practice at one of the finest facilities in Ohio.

If your daughter is a team player, has the desire, the work ethic and is looking for exposure, and if your family is willing to travel and support her then please consider Buckeye Heat 04. All positions are open and earned and with Buckeye Heat 04 it truly is "about the girls".

Last edited:

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
15U '04 (N Central OHIO)

Coach Terry Sheets trrysheets@gmail.com

Buckeye Heat Sheets 04 team will be looking to add 2 more girls for the upcoming 2019/20 softball season! Team is based in central Ohio and will play fall/winter/summer! We will be doing private tryouts only, if interested please call or text 567-232-1846

Last edited:

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
17U '02

Coach Chad Lees leeschad@yahoo.com

Tryouts for Buckeye Heat ‘02 (18U) will be as follows:

Sunday, July 28th from 2:00-4:00
Saturday, August 3rd from 9:00-11:00
Saturday, August 3rd from 1:00-3:00
Sunday, August 4th from 2:00-4:00

All tryouts will be held at the following address:
344 South Main Street
Utica, Ohio

Last edited:

musb10

Reaction score
9U '10
Coach Kristin Jarvis kristin.gill.10@gmail.com

I will be hosting tryouts at Teays Valley High School Varsity Softball field of Monday, August 5th from 6-8pm with girls wanting to pitch and catch staying till 9pm. I will also be hosting tryouts at Central Crossing High School JV Softball field Saturday, August 10th from 11-1pm pitchers and catchers staying till 2pm and Sunday, August 11th 1-3pm pitchers and catchers until 4pm.

If you know any young softball player with a 2009 or 2010 birthday who wants to learn the game of softball and meet girls from all over, come be apart of Buckeye Heat X!!

My contact info is Kristin.gill.10@gmail.com feel free to contact me with any questions. I also have an OFC page labeled musb10 Buckeye Heat ‘10(X) that can be used for contact as well! Look forward to meeting new softball loving girls! Go BHX! ❤️

ngill

Reaction score
18U '01

Buckeye Heat 01 is not having any tryouts as we have players for next season. We will be playing in a few tournaments next summer only (nothing in the fall and winter) as the majority of the team are freshman in college.

Although we are not having tryouts, tournament conflicts with my players may come up. If someone is interested for next summer, you can contact me at thegills1991@gmail.com and we can discuss possibilities.

Thanks
Nick Gill
614-570-2202