Buckeyes loss

Gosh they looked awful on tv. Three bad errors before I turned it off, pitchers can't throw to first? Tired of announcers saying "well they dont throw overhand" Make the simple play!

You kidding me? Herron 15 errors already? Yeah she can hit the skin off the ball but 15 errors? Ohio girls can do that too I'm sure... 3-2 count 2cnd and third No outs, it should be nowhere near the wheelhouse, who called that pitch location?

Hey coach, how about looking more in state?

Maybe she needs to get new sticks to teach monkeys to hit with

They are 23-12 overall and 5-2 in the conference so far. Sure, they had a **** game yesterday. It could be worse....you could be a Razorback fan.

Len

a little fact about OHIO State roster... you can view it anyway you want... Three years ago when they when they hosted regionals and were a ranked squad they had 1 non starting ohio player rostered.. They now have 8 Ohio players and between this and last year many of them have started ..and not as much success? Now I am not slamming our Ohio players because I think there are many factors here, but I just remember three years ago when Ohio state was knocking on the World series door, alot of people were grumbling because, " they dont even have any ohio players on the team!" well now they have 8 and they appear to be a ways from that team..

now these are just roster facts, I do not think badly of Ohio State or their players and hope to see those girls continue success in the big ten. Yeah Michigan took it to them yesterday, but Ohio State is playing much better than last year, so give some of these younger Ohio players some time and I think they will be back in the rankings and hopefully hosting another regional!

Coach K appears to be struggling with the AD dept. to get the support she deserves to recruit. I believe the struggle is much greater than we actually know. She knows the game, yet things keep happening that make you wonder. I can only say that from my viewpoint I know I do not have all the information available to me to pass judgement on the current status of the team or why they are playing this way.

Coach K is not without showing her frustration that can be embarrassing at times. I know a while back on a televised game she pulled a pitcher that was struggling to throw strikes. Supposedly she told the team she was going to keep changing pitchers till somebody finally found the strike zone and stayed there. The next pitcher walked her only batter and was pulled, the second pitcher did the same and got a visit from the dugout, the third pitcher finally got her batter to ground out hard to shortstop. Four pitchers in the inning before the first put out. I'm not sure who the pitcher was or if she was even a pitcher but the look on her face was of a deer in headlights. lol. It was obvious to me a point was being made but it didn't view well on TV.

Neither did the run-rule outcome.

That could be true boss, but just seems any of the games I've seen them on tv, those CA/west coast kids are no better than Midwest kids. Whole another argument there. I am talking basic plays that have to be made. Simple fly to center where she runs back and then the ball is 50' in front of her, through SS wickets for #15 error, another one LF should have dove for and then the pitcher throw to 1st that my 6'7 brother couldn't even get. Basics that many midwest girls can do that we've all seen them do. Is it that the Midwest stars either aren't recruited, are recruited and don't like the school or coach or other reasons.?

Maybe some of ones who know those kids I am thinking of over the last few years could answer?

And people I am not talking mine, as mine were not that caliber, but know many who were...

Maybe the bucks should start recruiting Alabama and Florida kids. A lot of Murphys squad consists of bama and fl players and they are at a whole different level then the bucks......

forum,
There are alot of Ohio kids playing in the MAC... The team with the best RPI in the MAC is Miami, Kent was 114... All other Ohio MAC teams race towards the end of the RPI.. In spite of what we think, we're not making nationally competitive softball players...
The Buckeyes have seven pitchers on their roster... The Nichols lady, realizing she was injured last year, is a fraction of what she was as a freshman... I do hope things improve for her.... The Buckeyes were fortunate they had the transfer, but they have to pitch her too much...
Average is '' wins equal losses ''... In Ohio our DI softball is between '' average and not-so-good ''... Who's responsible .?. we should look at ourselves and what/how we're coaching...
Ron Poole

What channel are you getting the Buckeyes on? I have DirectTV and last night had Alabama / LSU on 208. That worthless Big Ten network was showing replays (and is right now during the OSU / Mich double header) of old football games.

I went to the game and took my daughter. I agree they had a bad night, but was great for my daughter to see they even they have errors and she saw how they don't give up. Example was a foul that was being played and the 3B made a terrible throw to 1B. Luckly it was foul. Then the next hit the 3B made the play and good throw to 1B. Michigan is always pretty tough and have some power hitters for sure. I think the bucks may have left the starting pitcher in too long.

I certainly don't have the insight that many of you do concerning the Buckeye softball team. But as a diehard Ohio State fan that happens to be involved in fastpitch I just can't understand why tOSU can't have a top 20, 30 or 50 softball team year in and year out. To me we have the facilities, or should have them, and athletically are considered a top 10 athletic department nationally. It simply comes down to recruiting. Like most people I would hope that the top 2-3 Ohio HS players would dream of playing as a Buckeye. I don't know that that is the fact. I also know that the top 20, 30 or 50 teams recruit outside their states. That shouldn't be an issue. Take a look at other OSU sports. Not all the stars are from Ohio. You recruit what you need - and you go to where those players are located. I do know that some of the top showcase TD's think the world of Coach K. When I ask about tOSU recruiting I get a universal shoulder shrug. They can't figure it out. And these guys deal with top coaches almost daily.

I can't see the situation continuing for an extended period. Good coach, good staff, great Lady leading the team - but if you can't recruit top line players at every position (and backups) it is hard to win these days. The Athletic Department has been very accepting for a long period of time. I wonder if maybe the Athletic Department ever really cared about the program. Maybe offering recruiting resources, structure and expertise earlier in this staffs tenure would have been an early boost. Now the team might be a tough sell for those not pulled to the team by their scarlet and gray heartstrings.......

lot of top shelf players from ohio NOT wearing Buckeye red ...sito , the SS at KY .. maybe the bucks are not getting the BEST ohio players ?

Dan, that was kinda my point... and to take that a step further is that because until a just recentloy the feeling was, and still is to some, that Ohio State does not recruit ohio players???

Mark it is recruiting. Talk to some of the elite kids that are getting recruited or some of the kids playing for coaches that have elite kids playing for them. There are some things that make OSU look bad. If Michigan, MSU, and a few other big ten teams are after a kid and they have no idea at OSU about the kid you start to wonder. There are other things that Tim made a joke about that make you shake your head.

forum,
The two players mentioned in a previous post are great/elite Ohio players... But,using those players as a ' standard ' for eliteness/greatness I can't add to that count of ' two '.... Not being able to produce nationally competitive players has nothing to do with the coaches of in-state colleges....
Ron Poole...just in case...330-281-1970

forum,
The two players mentioned in a previous post are great/elite Ohio players... But,using those players as a ' standard ' for eliteness/greatness I can't add to that count of ' two '.... Not being able to produce nationally competitive players has nothing to do with the coaches of in-state colleges....
Ron Poole...just in case...330-281-1970

Ron, I am old. You lost me......