Catching and Catchers discussion Catcher Gear

DD has picked out what new gear she would like. Brand All-Star (youth size as she is little)...
Any positive or negative feed back before I spend the money????

No feedback on All-Star, daughter has never used it. Is she just little or young also? If young, I would take a look at the Worth Liberty catchers gear, it's what my dd used when she was young and the reason I suggest it is the straps on the chest protector is velcro Makes it so easy for them to take it off and put it on in a hurry between innings. If older, I would suggest Diamond iX3, the chest protector has snaps, can't think of a good description, you would have to look at them but not the same old clips that are a pain to use. Secondly they come in several lengths and colors in the chest protector (2" increments)and leg guards (1" increments)that you buy separately which was great for my dd because she is petite but has long legs so if we bought them in a kit one of them would not have fit properly.

My son is a sophomore and he's been using All Star gear since 9U travel ball. He is really hard on it and it holds up pretty well. Some of the newer system seven pieces (shin guards) have great padding in the knees. I would recommend All Star gear but the new Diamond stuff looks like a pretty good value for the money too. I have no experience with the female versions of All Star but it looks identical to the boys' gear.

She is 11u. Not too much of a chance she will be growing too much more. (very short...but so am I!) Here current gear (old) has the Velcro and she does like that for quick on/off. We have never bought a kit, as to properly fit her she is better with individual pieces. She is actually looking at the legs of the baseball side, but chest protector for fastpitch! I will check out the Diamond too. I always look for sturdy knee support as she also is hard on her gear!

My dd (13u) uses mizuno G3 samurai gear. She really likes the shin guards & the helmet. The chest protector rides up some but she likes it. I'm considering shutt or the new Wilson promotion gear. Both look nice.