Feedback on this girls softball bat wanted

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the players feedback on this one. Does it feel closer to the ghost or let? Haven’t seen this one around.
7AB3E166-5493-4FB3-AAEA-3018DCDA7C69.jpeg

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a product of the collaboration between the engineers of the Ghost and the engineers of the Qpro which started a ways back when Rawlings entered talks with Easton to purchase them. I had the chance to swing one yesterday and my impressions follow. It should come as no surprise that it has Ghost-worthy pop with (they're hoping) the longevity of the Qpro. It feels very end-loaded since the weighting placement is very similar to the Qpro end-load version. I can say from firsthand experience that it is extremely smooth and felt very solid at contact. The feel is reminiscent of the old Worth Legit 2 which has been described as smooth as butter. The knob of the bat has a molded, built in place for the Blast Motion sensor since it has been approved for use during games by the ASA and NCAA. I'm almost sure, but have no definitive proof, that Rawlings has some financial insterest/investment in Blast since they are offering Rawlings dealers the chance to upsell the bat by offering the Blast sensors also. As a side note, the sound the bat makes when striking the ball is rather unique but sounds very solid at contact and Rawlings patented the sound. In summation, I personally feel this bat is the future of Rawlings/Easton and the next "hot" bat out there. I have since purchased 3 of these. 1 will be for my DD to finish her college career with and the others will be for 2 of my hitters that are replacing aging Ghosts.

bmi11er

Reaction score
yocoach is spot on above.

Data wise with a very small sample being my daughter comparing exit speeds off a tee. My daughter swung her Mantra, Ghost Advanced, and 2020 Ghost Double barrel. Same set of balls for 10 swings a piece. Her bat speed is low 60s mph.

Mantra had a higher exit speed off the tee than the GA by about 2 mph and the double barrel by a little over 3mph.. She does say that it feels like the mantra swings a little heavier than the others.

The mantra does have a different sound. Hoping that it is more durable than the ghost advanced. Just warrantied the GA because it cracked all of the way down through the inner core.