FREE softball tournament entries available! Please see post for details.

Matt Sandles

Reaction score
FREE softball tournament entries available! Please see my website for all of the details.: WolverineBuckeyeTournamentCompany.com

For the teams, parents, and coaches that are wondering why I am giving out free tournament entries, I want to explain myself. First of all, my goal is to make sure that every tournament runs. Also, teams want to know for sure that other teams are playing. However, no one wants to commit to a tournament if they don't know anyone else is coming. When I thought about all this, I thought the best thing to do was to let some teams in for free each weekend. This way teams know that other teams are playing and for the teams that are playing for free, there is absolutely no risk for you to sign up to do so. By listing the teams on the website, this is me trying to be as transparent as possible about what is going on in each tournament each weekend.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Way to think outside the box.

The only questions/drawbacks or other options I can think of are:

While is been 4 years since we have played during our playing time 2003/2013 my experience has been the Non-committed teams generally are “Non-committed” regardless. Its usually the same coach/team that weasels through the spring/summer and fall and they generally have a revolving door of players so they could be competitive one weekend and not the next or just not show up.

What level of play are we talking? If the event is more B/C type tournament and an A level team is selected for Free fees you may turn away teams. Or, If the event is A level are there some criteria to get in? If so who do you decide who gets in for free?

The Men’s game has had bash for cash tournaments for years. We also had these back in the mid-2000s with Fastpitch run by a guy called Quaker man on here. Some other things the men’s slow pitch game along with Tim and some other TDs was to have pull over/jacket tournaments. That way you get a monetary commitment from all involved.
Key Note: The Bash for cashes we did went ok where first place got the entry fee returned, second place half and third the deposit ($100). These events however were the down fall of Quaker man as the awards in some events were cut or not paid so the tournament needs to be sound financially.

The Herbert Brothers that ran events in SW Ohio Had events every weekend and fastpitch leagues during the week. League teams got a discount on weekend tournaments and if a team played in more than one tournament they received additional discounts. Now most of the teams were more B or lower A level and since that is the Bulk of fastpitch teams it appealed to teams within a 2/3 hr radius of Cincinnati.

Matt Sandles

Reaction score
I appreciate that! This is my first year trying this so I am very interested to see how it goes!