Freedom Elite 16u Adams/Santos looking to possibly add a catcher

CoachTEA

Reaction score
All,

Freedom Elite 16u Adams/Santos is a college showcase travel select team based out of Liberty Township, OH (roughly 20 minutes north of Cincinnati on I-75). Our roster is at 13 dedicated and talented players and we are considering adding another catcher to the mix. My reasons for adding a catcher is coming from a position of strength; one of our catchers has already committed to a college and I want to save "wear and tear" on her body and develop her more at her secondary position. Seven of our eight summer tournaments are showcase events (Capitol City, Scenic City, Nashville Elite, Best of the Best, GAPSS, Recruitfest, and Gulf Shores). 4 of our players have made college commitments (D1, D3, and NAIA); another 6 players have standing offers they are considering. Our team is being watched by the following colleges: Akron, Ashland, Urbana, TSU, Asbury, Cumberlands, Ohio Christian, Transylvania, Morehead State, Kentucky Christian, MSJ, Georgetown, Maryville, etc. --- we are getting looks and offers. We have done private camps and other events with many of the schools listed above --- I am not bragging or exaggerating when I say I talk to college coaches on a weekly basis. We have reached a point where our team is becoming "invitation only" and moving forward we prefer to do semi-private workouts.

The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
A desire to play college softball and realistic expectations of where she will play
Willingness to reach out and communicate with college coaches (you will be mentored on how to do this successfully)
Willingness to participate in college/prospect camps outside of the mandatory camps and clinics scheduled by the team
A good student and a person of good character and honesty --- our team events have to be a priority for you (not your sole priority though as we do believe in balance) and you must maintain a clean online persona
A self sufficient "orphan" type of player --- we do not deal with parental or player drama
Understanding that you are part of the team, not the team
Good catching fundamentals as it pertains to blocking, framing, setting up, moving, and throwing
Solid throwing mechanics
Overhand throwing speed of 54 mph or better
Pop-time (glove to glove) of 1.9 or better
Actively working with a catching coach on a frequent basis
Experience calling a game is a plus; our catchers and pitchers will call their own game and you must be willing to learn and grow
Prefer candidates with hitting instructors
Ability and desire to compete for playing time at both primary and secondary positions
99, 00, and 01 birthdays will be considered.

The fee will be prorated since we have already completed our fall/winter campaign (~$275). If you are interested in consideration for the position, you can contact Tim Adams at 513.256.3595 (I prefer text for the initial contact) or tim.adams@fuse.net

joboo1drew

Reaction score
If you are looking for a coach that will work to get your dd seen by coaches and the chance to play beyond HS this is a great place to look. Tim and Mark are very good at what they do. I would recommend this opportunity without hesitation. We are not with this team, but he invited my dd to work out with him when we were free, just so she could get in extra reps in front of coaches (team camps). The girls are very 'team' oriented. They all were together laughing and having fun during breaks. Good luck Tim this summer. I hope you find the right fit.