GAPSS update for 2006

To all teams,

We are having a meeting Sunday night to discuss changes that will impact our tournament next year. ?The changes proposed are exciting, and we have listened to you and are trying to keep our tournament one of the best in Ohio.

One change already in place will be the dates next year. ?Mark your calender for July 7-9. ? The Stingray tournament, I have been told, is planned for July 14-16 next year, based on field availability with OSU. ?While we want our tournament on the same weekend every year, we felt we also want to work with the Stingrays as they have a fine tournament as well. ?We did not want to collide with them, thus opening other options for all teams.

Stay posted for further updates. ?We appreciate your interest in our tournament and look forward to a great one in 2006.

Mike Flanagan
ATD GAPSS

Thank you for keeping us informed early enough to help us with scheduling.

No problem luvthegame. One of the consistant remarks we get is to make sure we announce the dates far in advance. Seems like more teams are trying to get their schedules down early so that they can plan for hotels, etc. It makes sense to me. Some tourneys I am sure can't announce early because of timing issues with fields. Fortunately, we have pretty good control over the fields in the Olentangy district.

I'm a new coach and this is a new tourney since I have played, so I was just wondering a few things:

Is this a qualifier of any sort, and if so, which distinction (ASA, NSA, etc)?

What age brackets do you bring in?

You might have this on your web site, I just have not had the time to check it out, so I thought I'd just ask on here. Thanks in advance.

The Great American Premier Softball Showcase is a qualifier tournament for the ASA Eastern National Tournament. It will be played July 7-9, 2006.

We have 5 age divisions: 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18u.

Feel free to get more info at www.gapss.org

Per our meeting on Sunday, here are some of the changes we are making:

***5 game guarantee
***Home run fences at Liberty Park on all fields
***Discontinue using fields at Shanahan Middle
***NO GAMES on boys baseball fields
***All 14u games at Liberty Park
***92 teams total
***$350 entrance fee
***Teams that receive an email invite from TD will have until November 1st to send in $150 down payment to secure their spot. ?Emails will be sent out this week.
***Open entry to tournament will begin November 1st
***Continued ASA affiliation
***All championship games (with the exception of 10u) will be played at best fields (high schools)
***Continued no charge to see the games
***In the event of rain, there could be major venue changes to get all games in
***We will continue to do our best to get all games in. ? One of the priorities for 2006 is not to eliminate ANY games.
***Concession (food) prices to remain the same as last year

Our website www.gapss.org will be updated shortly.

Thank you for your continued support!!!

Mike Flanagan
GAPSS

Mike, did you get a chance to pass the tourney info to Jim Riesenberg-Miami Valley Xpress red 13U for me?

Bink

Yes I did. Mailed it to him Monday. Let me know if he doesn't receive it. I will email you the info. Thanks Mike

Invitations went out today.

***please note*** down payment $150 must be received by NOVEMBER 1ST, NOT DECEMBER 1ST.

Thanks, MIke

Do you have a list of teams that already registered? Could you please post them.
Thanks

Mike, I was kind of wondering why I didn't get my registration in the mail. I have brought teams two years in a row and we won the 18u last year.

Sorry I have been in LA for the last 3 days. ?I will do my best answering on the run.

Homeboy, yes we want you back. ?Did your email address change? ? I am not sure why you didn't get the form. ?Send me an email at flanagan9of9@aol.com and I will get the form to you.

I will get the list of teams registered already to this site next week.

As far as I know all divisions are still open. ?Send your forms in asap.

Thanks, Mike Flanagan

sbguru,

Absolutely. Last year we had teams from NY, Tennessee, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, Canada (2004).

We actually like to be diversified when it comes to where the teams are from. We think it brings different talent to Columbus that we sometimes don't see at other tourneys.