Hitting and Hitters Discussion Hitting Instructor - Greater Cincinnati Area

cinstate082

Reaction score
Recommendations for a hitting instructor for my daughter who will Be ten soon. Let me know who you go to and why they would be good for her!!!

Xeno

Reaction score
Wendell Hutchinson at the Mason Thunderdome...does a great job with all type of hitters

snuffleupagus

Reaction score
Hello from a parent of two Cincy Slammers players, 12u Jones and 13u Lockwood, a second for the Hutchinson’s My daughter has seen Tyler (Wendell’s son) for 5 or so lessons. A tremendous improvement in just a short time. Great facility, resume and coaching from them IMO.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Tim Duncan up the road in Dayton is good , and Gerry Berling over on the Ky side is great . Wendell H as well .. all three are good.

maddball44

Reaction score
Former Doom and MVX coach, Rob Ware in Felicity. He does not charge. Donation only. Has done wonders for my dd.

cgkdad

Reaction score
Ill second Rob Wear. Hands down, a fantastic coach. You certainly wont go wrong taking your DD to see Rob.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Recommendations for a hitting instructor for my daughter who will Be ten soon. Let me know who you go to and why they would be good for her!!!

All good suggestions on here but, I would recommend Gerry Berling (Straight Leg on here) in the Deer Park area would be my choice.
Outside of the hitting mechanical areas he will also help the player work on strength and agility to help build power in the swing. He has a lot of training videos on you tube and you can get an idea of what he does by them.

Some questions to ask a prospective coach would be:
How long have you been coaching/training?
What is your hitting style? This is key, while everyone wants their kid to be a power hitter most are not.
Are you part of a coaching network or, have any coaching credentials?
How do you assess progress?
What are the student / parent expectations?
Is your instruction one on one or group?
As the ladies progress and get older the needs change as does their body so some tweaking of the swing occurs all through the playing years.

Last edited:

straightleg

Reaction score
Thanks Dennis for the kind words. I am of course a Howard Carrier / Bustos lemming. We teach throwing, fielding, hitting in that order....I am currently booked, but thank you again for the props.

Gerry

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
With Straight Leg booked. Shannon at Hardcore Hitting 513-846-2121 or Rob Wear if he has openings but he is a stretch if you are looking Cincy area. Nothing against Tim or Wendell both are very accomplished and I believe certified coaches but I think they would be more Warren County lower Dayton Area. I think all hit areas that build the swing including strength, conditioning, agility, throwing catching etc. There are connections to a good swing and making a good swing better....

HittingLessons

Reaction score
Hello, I am a college student that has college softball experience that is wanting to put my knowledge of the game to use. I am going to start an online hitting lessons experience. By doing this I am going to be able to reach out to a wider range of people and also provide an easier way to get hitting lessons. I have been playing since I was 4 and I am 21 years old now. I have done hitting lessons before for right handed, left handed, and slappers before (I am a collegiate slapper) I have had a .650 betting average or above since high school and want to help younger softball players improve their game. For $20 a lesson I will take up to 10min of hitting footage and I will breakdown their swings to point out different things that they can improve upon. I will give new drills to try and if needed I will send videos of myself completing the drill or my self executing what I am explaining to you. I will take the videos to my email at l.hittinglessons@gmail.com. I take payments in the form of Venmo or Cashapp which can both be downloaded in the app store. If you are interested contact me at l.hittinglesson@gmail.com for more information or send me your video and I will explain the payment into details. I am also willing to take all ages and also fielding video to help your child. One other thing to add is that I also played travel softball for 20 years and the main team that I played for was Ohio Ice!