Hitting

Maachil

Reaction score
What is the best hitting aide to use besides the hitting tee. My daughter has a back spin on the ball after she hits it. Any help

Sweetpea

Reaction score
Why do you think backspin is a bad thing? Backspin is what creates lift and drives balls over the fence or over the heads of outfielders? Unless she is a slapped then it's an issue.

BouldersDad

Reaction score
My opinion only. Keep back hand above ball. Think line drive middle inside of ball.

Maachil

Reaction score
Thanks. Just seems like she's getting to much back spin.

Long Baller

Reaction score
What is the best hitting aide to use besides the hitting tee. My daughter has a back spin on the ball after she hits it. Any help

Slow motion video and a knowledgable set of eyes.

Long Baller

Reaction score
As far as actual "hands on" implements, the Insider Bat with a bucket of whiffle balls is one of the best training aids out there when used correctly.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Consistent backspin means bad bat path , elbows must not be above wrist at contact point . Has to be a downward bat path to clip a ball enough to cause backspin . You can hit an occasional loooooooong home run with backspin but its not the winning ticket , part of bad technique

manitoudan

Reaction score
Surprised no one had a different opinon on backspin on a fly ball .

SMc4SMc

Reaction score
No different opinions. Backspin is not much of a problem for big powerful homerun hitters, but its an impressive skyrocketing bomb that's often an easy out, sac/RBI or a nifty stat for the catcher for many hitters.