how was YOUR softball weekend???

Discussion in 'General Softball Discussions' started by DanMaz, Jun 29, 2020.

1. DanMaz

DanMaz Super Moderator Staff Member

We need to hear some great POSITIVE SOFTBALL STORIES FROM THIS PASSED WEEKEND

> PLEASE SHARE!!!

2. Scaglione3173

Scaglione3173 New Member

My daughter had an awesome weekend!! She subbed for the Emeralds 06, and by far this team is a class act!! Both the head coach and the assistant coach are great!! Cannot say enough good things about this weekend!! Thank you Sean Conley and Nick Denzer!!

3. DanMaz

That's AWESOME Scaglione!

Positive posts and positive news is the BEST MEDICINE for 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU

4. Stedman00

Stedman00 Active Member

I'm positive that Mother nature won and screwed us with RAIN!!!

5. Passion4theGame

Passion4theGame Super Moderator Staff Member

Dan you pulled me in here. I never brag about my Darling Ginger but I will today. Zhari had an outstanding weekend at USA Class A States. Played extremely well in Center Field tracking and catching some serious gap shots. Laid out and robbed some nice hits. At the plate she was pretty successful finding a way to get on nearly every at bat. After having a discussion with Coach K last week and getting some advise she was ready for this weekend. Fun to watch and I must say I was a proud Dad. That’s tough to do when you have 12 to focus on but damn that feels good. Thanks for asking! Lol

0AFF7251-98A9-4A38-8937-F966AE470045.jpeg

Rerun likes this.
  6. DanMaz

AWESOME !!!!!! BOAST ALL YOU WANT! SHE IS WORTH IT!!!

:)

Passion4theGame likes this.
  7. DanMaz

we had the weekend off... but as far as softball goes. Had some great conversations with my DD about heading out to college next month. She is so pumped excited and of course a little nervous. A new chapter in life that includes softball... PRICELESS

Passion4theGame likes this.
  8. ALLPH0

ALLPH0 New Member

Every weekend is a great weekend when the girls are able to play!

DanMaz likes this.
  9. Creek01

Creek01 Active Member

I got to watch my dd play softball this weekend. After losing her freshman season after only 10 games and only having 3 years left of college ball I cherish every chance I get to see her play.

RedsDad, softballsam10 and DanMaz like this.
  10. softballsam10

softballsam10 Member

I know exactly how you feel Creek....10 games down in Florida and that was it. Hopefully next year isn't affected as well.

Creek01 likes this.
  11. DanMaz

post here.. how was your weekend?

12. DanMaz

i snuck out and watched 6 games this weekend Sat and Sunday! i wasn't hearing that "honey do list" and i tell ya what! It was awesome to watch games that even my DD wasn't playing in. Those younger team parents crack me up! Even saw a 12u coach get thrown!! l(he deserved it too! lol)
    It was 2 bEAUtiful days and a GREAT weekend of softball!!

mroby5172 and finfan365 like this.
  13. Had a good tournament at the Y-Town Mayhem. We finished in the semifinals dropping a game to TC Mustangs 5-4. Very well run tournament by the Thunder Elite guys. Appreciate everything they do as this tournament was great and their Fall Ball was great last year. Can't say enough good things about them.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    mroby5172 likes this.
  14. Mad Hornet

Mad Hornet Active Member

18u Gold Nationals in OKC. My Laser Blue girls left it all on the field made me very proud and as always, had more fun than should be allowed. Retired from coaching as of Thursday night. Mad Hornet -OUT!

coachtomv, Xrayaries, DanMaz and 3 others like this.
  15. mroby5172

mroby5172 Active Member

Did you happen to be in Hubbard?

DanMaz likes this.
  16. Justamom

Justamom Member

Won last tournament of travel ball career and coaches retired. Good weekend, now on to next journey.

DanMaz likes this.
  17. DanMaz

hubbard? shhhhhhhh...

18. Xrayaries

Xrayaries Active Member

Diamond Chix 16U Travelled to Gulf IMG_20200725_162631512_HDR.jpg Shores and we're runner up in the USSSA World Championship.

Passion4theGame and DanMaz like this.
  19. DanMaz

O - H -

20. Justamom

Justamom Member

Something funny- The batter's box was drawn wrong. Our coaches brought it to the attention of the ump. He said it was too late to fix and to go with it. Ump used the drawn box to call strikes. The other team's pitcher could hit the spot well, which no bat could reach. Our pitcher learned the importance of being able to hit both sides of the plate. lol We got creamed.