In your past experience what’s missing?

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In your past experience, what do you think's missing in large organizational leadership?

Last edited:

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I could go on a diatribe that would last a good half hour but I'll just mention the one main thing I see. Most large organizations have shifted their focus away from what got them large in the first place. Many of them had great coaches that knew how to develop their players and ultimately, they developed a top tier competitive team. Now, those same organizations have shifted their focus to making money and they're not willing to give those great coaches a couple of years to develop that talent again. Instead, it has now become a win/succeed instantly or be replaced because they need the wins in order to lure more players/teams to make even more money. In other words, they have few true coaches left and the others they call a coach are nothing more that managers of talent that someone else developed. In the meantime, these talent managers are looking for the next best replacement for their current players and they will be replaced due to lack of development. Now these players that were replaced are at least a year behind their peers and will be hard pressed to catch up. But hey, they played for that ABC Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious organization and had bragging rights for a year or two even if they don't achieve their college ball dreams.

Stedman00

Reaction score
I could go on a diatribe that would last a good half hour but I'll just mention the one main thing I see. Most large organizations have shifted their focus away from what got them large in the first place. Many of them had great coaches that knew how to develop their players and ultimately, they developed a top tier competitive team. Now, those same organizations have shifted their focus to making money and they're not willing to give those great coaches a couple of years to develop that talent again. Instead, it has now become a win/succeed instantly or be replaced because they need the wins in order to lure more players/teams to make even more money. In other words, they have few true coaches left and the others they call a coach are nothing more that managers of talent that someone else developed. In the meantime, these talent managers are looking for the next best replacement for their current players and they will be replaced due to lack of development. Now these players that were replaced are at least a year behind their peers and will be hard pressed to catch up. But hey, they played for that ABC Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious organization and had bragging rights for a year or two even if they don't achieve their college ball dreams.

That's some serious spelling success for a Monday morning!!! And I agree.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This needs pinned at the top or a lifetime achievement award or something. Having been there and done that, this is as accurate and to the point as it gets.

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I agree, most your large organizations change how they operate due to $$$$. Instead of developing talent the goal is to get the teams that are really great teams to join Your organization then brag about all the great things your teams are doing. Even if the only thing you did was give them a new name.

I believe it take great leadership to take the girls and develop them into great teams. I believe some of your bigger organizations are missing that now because money has become its primary goal.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, most your large organizations change how they operate due to $$$$. Instead of developing talent the goal is to get the teams that are really great teams to join Your organization then brag about all the great things your teams are doing. Even if the only thing you did was give them a new name.

I believe it take great leadership to take the girls and develop them into great teams. I believe some of your bigger organizations are missing that now because money has become its primary goal.
Plain and simple...look at the top people. If they're making a living off of the organization, or at least the head honcho is, there's a really good chance you don't want your DD playing for them. Also, for many of those organizations, they haven't had a team perform at the top levels for quite awhile. They're living off of their one or two past successes.

Another problem is when a coach takes their team to an organization such as this; especially when they're moving up in age groups. They don't win as much as the Head Honcho would like/needs and the HC is asked to leave. A lot of the players are enamored with the organization name and stay while some follow the coach. This destroys the entire team; not only because of team chemistry, but the family feel of the team and parents. Ultimately, it hurts everyone surrounding that team and in particular, the players themselves. As I said, they will be replaced due to lack of true development as they move on in years.
Once replaced, many try to go back to another organization (that their old coach has since joined), but he/she has already found others and they are not wanted or needed. Then they have to play for a lesser team and few realize their college dreams of playing at that level.

Like I said, I could go on for at least a half hour about this.