Lady Lasers Blue 18u - Gearing for 2020

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
This week we signed another wave of players to their future colleges. We had a great fall season going 24-4 with a major tournament championship and another runner up finish in Chattanooga. This year we are already qualified for USA Softball Nationals in Alabama for summer 2019. But this post is about the fall 2019 / summer 2020 season.

Summer of 2020 will be the final season for this club. After nationals this summer we will be looking for players who can help at the following positions:

Pitcher
Catcher
3rd Base
Outfield

We will return six very strong class of 2020 players, all D1 commits and prefer to backfill with more 2020 players who will also be in their last year of eligibility in 18u. But we will take younger players as long as they understand it will be a one year thing.

If you want to start the conversation reach out to me at 614-778-2629 or tgunter@echo24.com.

Thank you,
Tony Gunter - Head Coach
www.ladylasersblue.com

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
It's been several months since I posted here. Want to congratulate my young ladies on their performance this past weekend winning USA Softball of Ohio (formerly ASA) states! With one month to go for nationals in Alabama we are already working on sewing up our roster for the fall season. Scratch 3rd base off the above list.

But we are looking for a couple outfielders, preferably one who can also play some short and another who can do some catching. And we have prospects for pitching but nothing in stone so still looking for pitching. If interested text call or email me 614-778-2629 or tgunter@echo24.com I will have time to run a private tryout or two in the next couple weeks.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
This could be a good opportunity for players on an 18u team where most of the team (except you) is headed to college this fall.

Or, players who are already committed, want to continue playing a highly competitive schedule without the expense of continuing to go to an Atlanta, Colorado, and / or California

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
It's been an amazing summer so far. USA of Ohio Softball Champions, GAPSS Champions, All American Showcase Champions back to back to back! We hope to continue our streak at USA Nationals in Alabama next week!

I've had some good conversations with interested players but still some spots open. If interested reach out to me I'm looking to have a private tryout sometime Aug 2/3 after we return.

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
We just returned from Alabama 4th in the nation! Our special group went on a 25 game winning streak from June 15 - July 25th with back to back to back major tournament championships. Got some players aging out and need to fill some big shoes.

Currently looking for players who can help at Outfield, Shortstop, and Catcher. I am hosting a private tryout this Saturday August 3rd in Central Ohio. Call head coach Tony Gunter 614-778-2629 (or text) or email tgunter@echo24.com for specifics if you think you are what we are looking for!

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
Picked up some really good players but could use one more who can play multiple positions.