Ohio College Softball Summer League

prattmandu

Reaction score
Hi Coaches, Players and Parents;

With so much softball missed this spring, we have been trying to find a way to create more softball experiences for returning college softball players and incoming college softball freshman. We've been talking and networking with others to see what we can come up with. Our idea is to create an 8-week summer league for returning players and incoming college freshmen. The league will run from 6/22 thru 8/13 on Mondays and Wednesdays at Walsh University.

In years past, there were summer leagues at Firestone Park in Akron where girls came together to play with and against other college players. With so many State restrictions it is just not feasible to do it there this year. Coach Ball from Walsh has graciously offered to let us rent her field on Mondays and Wednesdays for the league.

I am willing to coordinate and plan all of this, but I need your help in connecting with players who are interested. This league is open to any returning college softball player at any level, and any incoming freshmen at any level who wants to play. If colleges want to try and put their kids together and supply their own coach that sounds like a great idea. The goal is to have 40 kids involved, but the more the merrier. We will have Walsh University Softball field Mondays and Wednesdays weather permitting from 5pm to 9pm.

The total cost would be minimal, $250 or less, which is just enough to cover field rental, balls, umpire fees, insurance, and miscellaneous material to line and use the fields. Any money left over will be returned to the players. Depending on how many players we get, we will make teams and split them up by position to make sure everyone is getting the most out of the experience.

Please have interested players email me or text me:
Kevin Pratt
Email: kpratt@pridestaff.com
Mobile: (330) 962-7104

Checks payable to:
Lady Lookouts Fastpitch
1936 Buchholzer Blvd.
Akron OH 44310
Note: College Summer League

Attachments

• College Softball Summer League Flyer.pdf
    100.3 KB · Views: 10