Ohio Glory pitcher

jpkeating

Reaction score
Does anybody have any updates on the Ohio Glory pitcher, that got hit by a line drive Saturday night, at he Best of the Best tournament in Massillion?

Bat Dad

Reaction score
Yes PLEASE - I heard about this and have been wondering myself. Prayers to all affected. I can't imagine witnessing that...

manitoudan

Reaction score
One of the most terrifying things you will ever see . I'll never forget it .

softballdad01

Reaction score
So what actually happened. That is a part of the game I hate. Hope she is ok.....

jpkeating

Reaction score
She was pitching, and was hit by a line drive. Im not 100 percent sure where, because I was on the next field over. The squad was called and they took her off on a strecher.

Mads_Dad

Reaction score
I'm the coach of Ohio Glory 99. The player that was hit was the daughter of our head coach for Ohio Glory 98 Pope.
I was able to contact them today. All prognosis is for a full recovery. No brain damage or bleeding and no fractures. At home resting. Yet another testament to wearing a facemask. I'm sure the outcome would have been a lot worse without it. You don't see many wear them at that age but I'm thankful she had it on. Thanks to all that have inquired.
Pat Bridger
Ohio Glory 99

jpkeating

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Pat, I'm very glad to hear everything is going to be ok. She is a very lucky person.

larrybowman

Reaction score
Wow. So glad to hear she wore her mask! Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Reaction score
Thanks to all the organizations and their parents for their concern. All the calls of concern that we have all received are much appreciated. It shows that rivals on the field are friends off the field. Hoping for a speedy recovery. The Ohio Glory organization truly appreciates the support!

Chad Strahler

Reaction score
Great to hear this, my daughter wears a mask and I will certainly inform her on just how important it was with this situation. I'm glad she is expected to have a full recovery. I couldnt even imagine how I would feel.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Glad to hear she is doing well. I strongly push for the infielders to wear facemask. Now I am only at the 10/12u level but from what I hear a lot of the girls and parents think that if they wear the facemask it cuts back the chances for the girls to be recruited by Big Name colleges. My thoughts safety first. The big name schools are going to look at a great player either way.
Very happy she is doing well.
She is also with a great organization too!

Thanks again for the update!

Jeff Hill
KAOS Fastpitch (Lancaster, OH)