Opponent coach in my dugout

Reaction score
Who in their right mind thinks it is ok for a head coach of the opposing team think it is ok to walk through anothers teams dugout during lineup exchange and "talk" to my players. It's no hidden secret he has been contacting my players offering them the world to change teams. It's bad enough last summer you thought it was ok to come into my dugout during a game to talk to a player. Please Lasers Platinum go find players to steal elsewhere. If my girls were leaving they would have left.

daboss

Reaction score
I read this after having put my thoughts on another subject on another thread. My point being made here but for other reasoning. Regardless, in today's world where limitations to contact and non-essential activity should be avoided, the act of going into an opponent's dugout for any reason accept to offer assistance for a health related issue is inexcusable, arrogant, and condescending.

And this is why we shouldn't be playing. It only takes 1 to spoil it for everyone.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CapitalUnfoldedHumpbackwhale-small.gif

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a opposing coach wait right next to our after game meeting to talk to a couple girls. I stopped and asked him what he wanted and he left.

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200910-212516~3.png I believe we need to continue to play ball as we did in the summer. Some coaches just need deodorant

PaulP

Reaction score
Need to call out the organization that allow coaches to behave that way, or it’s going to continue to get worse.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Years ago, there was an "Elite" (the Elite is in quotes because they were anything but) organization in NEO that was well known for the recruiting of other team's players from those that played in their tournaments. My team played in one of them about 6 years ago. The entire tournament, several of their coaches tried repeatedly to recruit my daughter. On Sunday it got so bad she finally told the one coach that he could go and tell all of the others that she would never play for such a low class organization that can't develop their own players instead of trying to steal them from other teams. Now, everyone quit playing their tournaments and they are a mere shadow of their former self. Karma is still with us even through a pandemic.

BruisedShins

Reaction score
Judging by the result on gamechanger, maybe you should have been in his dugout recruiting! (kidding, of course)

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Is he really in your dug out trying to “steal” your players? From what I know... I just find that really hard to believe.

wilsey73

Reaction score
What I find funny, just like all social media, instead of confronting it there youre choosing to do it like this cuz it makes you look superior...Not, makes you look weak

Xrayaries

Reaction score
This never would have made it to these forums. No one in their sane mind would cross that boundary with me. This has to be something that you allowed him to do. Warn him once if it happens again it becomes harassment.

wilsey73

Reaction score
This never would have made it to these forums. No one in their sane mind would cross that boundary with me. This has to be something that you allowed him to do. Warn him once if it happens again it becomes harassment.
This coach is very well known thru out the central ohio softball community and has coached just about any and every kid from 16u up and the girls all love him..He wasn't stealing ill put money on it...And like you said, shoulda been handled there, not on this...

Softydad

Reaction score
This coach is very well known thru out the central ohio softball community and has coached just about any and every kid from 16u up and the girls all love him..He wasn't stealing ill put money on it...And like you said, shoulda been handled there, not on this...
Dead on 100% accurate. Best coach my daughter and I have ever been around... and in many ways that go beyond just his coaching. I believe the accusations by the opposing coach are HIGHLY unlikely to be an accurate account of what happened.

Last edited:

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Wish the rest of us knew who all you guys are talking about, lol. Hate these "secret" public conversations.

But, I know if I were to walk through many tournaments, I'd stopping by dugouts to say hi to many players and families also. Not sure about this situation, but I could see being accused of this, just because everyone is so sensitive to it. Just have a conversation with the guy, see if you should be pissed or not. Out of respect, I would have atleast cleared it with the coach before entering any dug out.

Not to mention, if your players are not happy, they will leave. Don't waste your time blaming the destination team or coach. If you don't want to be here, see ya. I expect a certain number of flip floppers, grass is greener, families every year I coach.
This past year at 18u, we had several commit and then leave us with no notice, and one family that we had known for years(kid and parent) lied right to my face, all I could do was laugh and move on, lost alot of respect for them, but it is what it is and we had a fabulous season and did not miss a single player that left us for something "better".

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Chris Lucas Lasers Platinum from what I read above. Chris is a great guy and I don’t believe he would try to steal a player during a game or in front of the opposing coach. He has coached a lot of young ladies and built relationships with those athletes and families and I’m sure he was just talking to one of his old players or maybe a high school player.

Don’t be upset a coach try’s to recruit one of ur players. Be flattered. Just means you are doing something right. If the Athlete decline an offer that really means ur doing something right. Never hold an athlete back. If she feels it’s better elsewhere let her go find out. I am sure Chris meant no harm talking to one of ur players.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Chris Lucas Lasers Platinum from what I read above. Chris is a great guy and I don’t believe he would try to steal a player during a game or in front of the opposing coach. He has coaches a lot of young ladies and built relationships with those athletes and families and I’m sure he was just talking to one of his old players or maybe a high school player.

Don’t be upset a coach try’s to recruit one of ur players. Be flattered. Just means you are doing something right. If they decline an offer that really means ur doing something right. Never hold an athlete back. If she feels it’s better elsewhere let her go find out. I am sure Chris meant no harm talking to one of ur players.

yes, i agree

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
No offense but This is a strong case of an insecure coach.
Do your job coach your team make it fun and keep your players and families happy. Everything will fall into place.
If you are doing the right things for the players, IE. player Development, recruiting, team bonding, and playing the right events for them to showcase their talents then they will stick around. Players grow. If you don’t challenge them they will go elsewhere to get those challenges.
Be thankful and honored that other great coaches think highly of your players.

Many times I have had coaches ask me about players on my team. They have tried recruiting them in parking lots. I don’t bash those coaches. I’m honored. Those players safe still with me and it shows I am doing something right with the culture of our team. The Athletes have bought in and everything else falls into place.