Parent that's a thief

TClarkson

Reaction score
Had a first this weekend. Team we played for first pool play game at Lasers had their pitcher called for 3 Illegal pitches then coach pulled her. Pitcher mom the comes to the fence on our side of the dugout and starts yelling, "Illegal Pitch" after every one of my pitchers pitches. One of parents asked her to go to her side and make her comments as she was basically right next to him. She said the ump can hear me better here. My 17 year old daughter has her blanket on the ground by where this woman decides to sit and heckle our pitcher and when she gets up to get a water (end of the game) and comes back to find her I-Phone missing. After I walk over to our camp she tells me she thinks this woman stole it. So I did find my I-phone and sure enough the gps show it being where this teams camp is. So I walk over and politely ask if someone happened to find an iPhone sitting on the ground. I look at each person under this tent, especially the woman who my daughter thinks took it, and they all shake their head no. Well, I then proceeded to hit the button under find my phone that makes the iPhone beep. Low and behold...the iPhone starts beeping from the direction of this woman. I point at her and said "that's my daughters iPhone". She then says, "it's in my back pocket. It was left behind on the blanket so I took it". I told her that the blanket wasn't hers and she had no right to take it. She then said, "that woman called me a B#*ch so I took the phone". I told her that she stole the phone and I was going to call the cops. She starts running her mouth and then her son try's to handle the situation by telling her to shut up and sit down and begs me not to call the cops. I end not doing it because didn't want to humiliate the woman's daughter any further than what her mom had already done. This was white trash at it finest moment.

Last edited:

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
I'm from Jersey and trust no one.... Tell your daughter would you leave 400 cash on the ground? That's basically what she did.....huge learning experience for her....

As far as that thief, I pity her kids....

coachjwb

Reaction score
Wow... unbelievable. Thank goodness for the technology to hunt it down like that. Very nice of you not to call the cops ... I think I might have done the same, but not sure what would be best. I do hope the other parents on that team saw what she was made of at least ...

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
Had first this weekend. Team we played for first bracket play game at Lasers had their pitcher called for 3 Illegal pitches then coach pulled her. Pitcher mom the comes to the fence on our side of the dugout and starts yelling, "Illegal Pitch" after every one of my pitchers pitches. One of parents asked her to go to her side and make her comments as she was basically right next to him. She said the ump can hear me better here. My 17 year old daughter has her blanket on the ground by where this woman decides to sit and heckle our pitcher and when she gets up to get a water (end of the game) and comes back to find her I-Phone missing. After I walk over to our camp she tells me she thinks this woman stole it. So I did find my I-phone and sure enough the gps show it being where this tes camp is. So I walk over and politely ask if someone happened to find an iPhone sitting on the ground. I look at each person under this tent, especially the woman who my daughter thinks took it, and they all shake their head no. Well, I then proceeded to hit the button under find my phone that makes the iPhone beep. Low and behold...the iPhone starts beeping from the direction of this woman. I point at her and said "that's my daughters iPhone". She then says, "it's in my back pocket. It was left behind on the blanket so I took it". I told her that the blanket wasn't hers and she had no right to take it. She then said, "that woman called me a B#*ch so I took the phone". I told her that she stole the phone and I as going to call the cops. She starts running her mouth and then her son try's to handle the situation by telling her to shut up and sit down and begs me not to call the cops. I end not doing it because didn't want to humiliate the woman's daughter any further than what her mom had already done. This was white trash at it finest moment.

Oh my gosh! If I was that coach I would apologize emphatically to the parents of our team and there's and unfortunately that would be the last day the girl was on the team. If she doesn't already know, she will learn that her classless thief of a mom will cost her opportunities in life.

jd100

Reaction score
I understand why you didn't call the police. But you should have. This was not a softball incident. This was theft.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
To quote the famous Hitter23...........

"name them, who was it, name them"
I am sure I didn't quote him 100% correctly. If it was my wife involved in this I would say their would of been a scrap. Sounds like that lady is pure garbage!

Erie

Reaction score
For fun, we all need to think about this: How would Madogmom have handled this situation? Ghetto Blaster playing Quiet Riot to the head? Demarini -10 to knees? A walking taco shoved where the sun don't shine?
In seriousness, I respect this Mom for her self control in a very tough situation. Not sure my wife or most Mom's on my team would have handled it this way. Very sad and unfortunate that, like society, there are scumbags in travel softball as well.

TClarkson

Reaction score
IMO, A parent like this isn't the reflection of an organization nor their daughter. I addressed the situation with the coaches that day and actually received a call from the head coach this evening as a follow up. I greatly appreciated it and respect the organization and this coach for following up. They obviously don't want to have this type of parent doing this and have been told they addressed it with her. That's all one can ask.

Now regarding my wife, well...she had some choice words to say to this lady as she was definitely fired up. She was able to calm herself down but understandably when it comes to her daughter...mama bear is going to come out.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To quote the famous Hitter23...........

"name them, who was it, name them"
I am sure I didn't quote him 100% correctly. If it was my wife involved in this I would say their would of been a scrap. Sounds like that lady is pure garbage!

sam%20kinison-thumb-572xauto-159187.jpg

Guys, do we like obnoxious parents ??????? NOOOOOOOOO, NAME THEM, NAME THEMMMMMMM OHH, OHHHHHHHHHHH

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Pretty easy to find team played and narrow it down from there .Laser bracket still up,I've heard of people keying cars but taking a cell phone! That's one thing kids will miss pretty quick,and w location technology, not a smart choice by the parent.

yossarian

Reaction score
There are a lot of lessons to be learned here. The main one: Always turn the phone off after you revenge steal it. :mad:

The3dm

Reaction score
Somewhere between reality and winning the lottery.
Had first this weekend. Team we played for first bracket play game at Lasers had their pitcher called for 3 Illegal pitches then coach pulled her. Pitcher mom the comes to the fence on our side of the dugout and starts yelling, "Illegal Pitch" after every one of my pitchers pitches. One of parents asked her to go to her side and make her comments as she was basically right next to him. She said the ump can hear me better here. My 17 year old daughter has her blanket on the ground by where this woman decides to sit and heckle our pitcher and when she gets up to get a water (end of the game) and comes back to find her I-Phone missing. After I walk over to our camp she tells me she thinks this woman stole it. So I did find my I-phone and sure enough the gps show it being where this tes camp is. So I walk over and politely ask if someone happened to find an iPhone sitting on the ground. I look at each person under this tent, especially the woman who my daughter thinks took it, and they all shake their head no. Well, I then proceeded to hit the button under find my phone that makes the iPhone beep. Low and behold...the iPhone starts beeping from the direction of this woman. I point at her and said "that's my daughters iPhone". She then says, "it's in my back pocket. It was left behind on the blanket so I took it". I told her that the blanket wasn't hers and she had no right to take it. She then said, "that woman called me a B#*ch so I took the phone". I told her that she stole the phone and I as going to call the cops. She starts running her mouth and then her son try's to handle the situation by telling her to shut up and sit down and begs me not to call the cops. I end not doing it because didn't want to humiliate the woman's daughter any further than what her mom had already done. This was white trash at it finest moment.

Sorry but I think you passed on a perfect opportunity to demonstrate to all the kids around that actions have consequences. I would have had her arrested for theft (maybe even grand theft if it was an iPhone 6). Kids have lost all perspective of how severe consequences can/should be. Our kinder gentler society has permitted this anything goes mentality.

I on the other hand understand your compassion for the child involved and seeing their parent as the crap bag she is. Tough decision either way.

wow

Reaction score
i am still trying to get over the fact this women came over to the other teams bench and yells " illegal pitch " over and over.. Was that the first clue in where to find the missing phone?

SMH- Who does that? I mean really?

travelinmom

Reaction score
i am still trying to get over the fact this women came over to the other teams bench and yells " illegal pitch " over and over.. Was that the first clue in where to find the missing phone?

SMH- Who does that? I mean really?

Have seen it a few times thru 14U. Didn't seem to matter if that parent's team was winning or losing.

Run26

Reaction score
Change your ring tone to a verbal "Illegal Pitch" just in case she steals it again.

bjbkar

Reaction score
Get OUT of here. There should be a LAWS against things like this. Am I right?