Catching and Catchers discussion Pitchers and Catchers

Well now that school season is fast approaching I suppose its time for some of the usual topics to appear so here's one. How many schools bend the pitchers and catchers rule of early practice and have the whole team there under the excuse of "Well nobodys been assigned a position yet so they all COULD be pitchers and catchers." ? Our previous coach pulled this but our new one says he'll follow the rule in the way it was intended. Now I'm no fan of the OHSAA but how aggressivly do they enforce this rule or is there even a real purpose for it? :confused:

Personally, I think it's good to see that some people still follow the rules. Many people have the attitude that if they don't agree with a rule, then they don't have to follow it; thus the rampant abuse of the pitcher/catcher rule. It's similar to what happened during Prohibition. People like alcohol; passing a law that made drinking illegal didn't stop people from drinking; it just turned a whole lot of people into law breakers. Personally, I think they need to eliminate the rule and start practices/tryouts 2 weeks earlier. Two weeks is not enough time to get a team ready for the season.