Pitching and Pitchers Discussion Pitching Instructor (baseball)

Im looking for a pitching coach for my son,he is just turned 9 and has decided he would like to pitch...Having been around travel softball for a couple of years and talking to parents of pitchers it is best to start them young when before all the bad motions start.I live in s.central ohio but we are willing to travel around a hour to a good coach.Thanks for any info.

Lil ron

South Central? Put that in perspective of Dayton for me. How far N, S, E or W are you?

im south east of dayton..just below chillicothe on st rt 23 about 35 miles north of the ohio river.Hope that helps ya coach mike.Btw thanks for any info any of you have.

I do well with youth pitching. I'm a bit north of Dayton in Vandalia. I'd like to think you could find someone quite a bit closer to you that can help out.

Thanks mike,Dayton is a pretty good drive for me as well as Mansfield,But if he really wants to learn and work hard i will make sure he gets good instruction,just would like to see him (if he desires it)Achieve good things in baseball,ya know kinda give him the opportunity and tools to succeed that his ole man never had.:)

Of course! With your son being young you should look for an instructor that is able to show a nice simple motion from the stretch and from windup and doesn't focus too much a perfect delivery. You want to put him down the road of success yet not grind him into the ground with 100 things to think about. Sure the motion has to be "right enough" but may youth instructors confuse the kids too much. Find an instructor that instructs YOU as much as your son so that you can help him away from practice. Nothing pleases me more than when a player only needs to come see me every two weeks for a tune-up because their dad knows enough to help them between sessions. That takes a while but that is what I like to do.

Oh yeah, no breaking balls.

Thanks mike.If you would pm me your # and the wife and i will discuss the idea of maybe bringing him up to c ya if you have room for another,besides it has been awhile since i was up in vandalia,went to school at itt and had my apartment there.

How about we just meet up one weekend evening real soon and we have a session, no charge? I'll pm you my number and email and we can work it out if you wish. After the first session if you felt it was positive we would work something out until you found someone closer to your home. Until then check with travel teams in your area to see who they use.

PM on it's way.

Hey LILron.
The oldest pitches HS ball. he has a an excellent pitching coach. (dad) LOL. I started him off. his HS coach has refined him. He is good with the kids. he could help out all summer. give him something to do while the girls are on the field. tell the lil guy no breaking balls till he can grow a beard!!! worked for me. Now the kid has a curve that moves clear across the plate and drops out of sight. awesome pitch. learned it all on his own. just a thought! looking forward to seeing you soon!!