Rank your top 10 14U teams in Ohio

Ok, cabin fever has set in....and it is time to kick start this board..

Knowing that there will be some self promoting - which is OK - rank your top 10 - 13U and 14U teams in Ohio and why.

OK let me think the slammers #1 they have a new #1 pitcher and a new #1 cf they should top the charts all year!!!

Let me see if I have this right. We are going to crown a 14u team that plays in the 14u bracket in about 3 tournaments queens of the 14u field.

There still the best 14u team period. I think the question was best 14u teams not best 14u teams that play only 14u tournements.

Ihatewinners
I'm not sure she is better then Abbey. Time will tell

Well Mr. WWolff with that said I'm sure time will tell who the top 14u team will be. action this summer will defiantly speak louder than horn blowers.

IHATEWINNERS

That exactly why we play the games.
Think both young ladies will be at the top of the list of best 14U pitchers out there.
Maybe even the best two out there

I expect to see a good show all season from The Ohio Blast (Dennison) 14U.
All but 3 of these girls have been playing together for 4 years. They have strong pitching, fielding and bats. Good luck girls! :yahoo:

ChainReaction (Nicolas) will be another team to watch for.

I would add the Madness 13u team due to the calibar of pitching. Some of you witnessed the young lady at Spano Dome a couple of weeks ago. Very fundamentally sound with strong bats.

Have a feeling the 14u Madness will surprise a few people as well.

No daughters, and not their coach, just from watching them all winter. LOL

In no particular order:
Valley Extreme
Lasers Red
Slammers
Ice
MC Madness
Just some that I have seen play.
Will see alot of teams this weedend at Spano, looks to be a tough field of teams there.

Well, this is certainly an interesting thread. I look forward to learning about all of these teams. I can only comment on the 13u teams since I am most familar with them. I think that the following will be very strong 13u teams:

Cincy Doom
Stingrays
Buckeye Heat
Valley Extreme
Ohio Ice

I would like to think we can hang in there also - Laser Silver

Look forward to seeing many of the top 14u teams this wkd

Coach Murph

There are a lot of good 14u teams this year and I can only speak for the ones that I am familiar with.

Slammers
Wave
Doom

Are all very solid but I do not want to take from any of the other teams.

I'm telling ya You guy's really need to take a look at Ohio Blast (Dennison)
I will catch #$@#$ for saying this but I'm pretty sure they beat the Slammers last year.

Thanks for mentioning Ohio Blast-Dennison, BlastMom. It is truly a compliment to be mentioned among the likes of the Slammers, Ice, Valley Extreme, etc. The truth is we did beat the Slammers last year and our girls were sooooo fired up for that game last year, they played out of their butts. We didn't make mistakes and won. The fact of the matter is that the Slammers are a very elite team year after year. Not to down play our Blast team, but if I were a betting person, I'd put my money on the Slammers over us 9 out of 10 times. Heck, in pool play of the same tournament, we lost to a team after leading by 7 in the last inning! An elite team doesn't allow that to happen. It is up to our girls to prove that they are worthy of being mentioned among the best in Ohio. There are some very good teams out there -- Chain Reaction being one of them. They are very well coached and it shows in how the girls play and their mind for the game. Again, I appreciate what you're saying about our team, but the girls have to prove themselves game in and game out and not just one game last year against one of the best. Good luck to your Ohio Blast-Fullum team. I hope you guys do well this year!

Coach Jeff

Good Luck Murph !!! I am sure the time limits will make for some interesting results. Do us 13's proud and it is okay to vote for yourself and you shoulda !!!!

just out of curiosity what speed are these elite girls pitching(ballpark) at 14u i know it is not all about speed you need control.but there is a 13 yr old i seen last year as a 12 throwing 57 i seen it with my own eyes and it is not my dd.but she is in our organization.i was just curious to the jump to 14 what most girls are throwing

good luck Murph, looks like a great field, do us 13u's proud. Might see you up there.

Thanks, Stingrays and Buckeye Heat - we are looking forward to it. In answer to the question of speeds at 14u - like anything else, depends on the level of competition. I know of a few that are throwing over 60 - for real. One that was recently clocked at a college camp at 63. To me the real difference though is not the speed but the command and movement of pitches. Much less down the middle regardless of the speed. In ASA nationals last year, I was not overwhelmed with the speed of the pitchers but they had some good control and movement. Now the really good ones are fast and have command with movement.