Roster/Waver

Is it common for the head coach to sign the players names and a parents name to any Rosters/Wavers for any tournemnets,or are they to have the player and the parent sign them?

This looks like a question for our local attorney!
HEY JoeA! Where are you?

Just like an attorney not be on here when ya need him... ;D

What do you mean? I'm here.

No, it is not common for the head coach to sign those forms. However, those waiver of liability forms are pretty much worthless, anyway, even if the parent does sign them.

With the roster forms, I suppose if a coach signs for a player or parent, the player can rightfully claim she is not part of that team's roster, or an opponent could claim the player is illegal if they could somehow prove the signature was not valid.

Joe,

The are pretty much worthless except for the insurance companies. When I bought my team insurance, they said having the waiver reduces the settlement amounts in case of a claim. So in effect if a player gets hurt, they will receive less money with the waiver than the insurance would normally have paid out. Hmmm.... Maybe we should insist on not signing these. Most tournaments instead ask for proof of insurance.