1. josie

josie New Member

my 06 daughter was recently diagnosed with scoliosis and will wear a brace for next 2-3 years for approx 16 hours a day. She loves softball. Doctor has encouraged her to remain active. Coaches are very supportive. Anyone out there have experience with scoliosis? She is a catcher but can also pitch and can play any position. Just wondering if there are other girls playing. She sure could use someone who plays to encourage her.

2. Dawgsdad

Dawgsdad Member

My daughter was diagonosed also. Im not sure of the extent compared to your but we seen a chiropractor for about 5 months and she never missed a day. He was also able to correct her knee issues that she had been having for 2 years of PT!

josie likes this.
  3. josie

josie New Member

Since posting this, I was able to find a basketball girl in our area who is more than willing to mentor my DD. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to PM me. DD's attitude about this is much more positive than mine at the moment! She isn't going to let it stop her. Thank you!
    Thank you, very reassuring to hear.

4. FastBat

FastBat Active Member

Good luck to her (and you)! Sorry, I don't know of anyone who has scoliosis and plays softball, but there are plenty of girls who play with ankle and knee braces. I understand that's not as serious, but still a little different than the "norm". I once coached a little girl, in coach pitch, who had a diabetic pump for her insulin. So, you would think that would be a bit of a distraction playing with that and something much different. I think where there's a will there's a way, keep plugging away, she can do it! Good luck this season!